Forum keeps logging me out while I'm here - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2019, 07:47 AM   #1

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
Forum keeps logging me out while I'm here

Is it my local internet, or is the forum being a bit finicky over the last few days? I'm regularly getting booted, often while I post. I'll hit post and instead of posting, I'll get logged out, or get an error that the site is down.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 08:04 AM   #2

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachO View Post
Is it my local internet, or is the forum being a bit finicky over the last few days? I'm regularly getting booted, often while I post. I'll hit post and instead of posting, I'll get logged out, or get an error that the site is down.
The server for this site has been known to get overloaded and non-responsive, or even crash altogether. Use a word processor to write your post, then cut and paste it so you dont lose it if the server craps out.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:31 AM   #3

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
The server for this site has been known to get overloaded and non-responsive, or even crash altogether. Use a word processor to write your post, then cut and paste it so you dont lose it if the server craps out.
I am logged on permanently here, and have only seen this two times since coming on board. Maybe I missed things? Are you certain it is not your computer. I often cleanse my browser and things are always faster everywhere. Without doing so, there have been some sites near impossible to deal with fast at all.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 07:24 AM   #4

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
I don't know how this site manages all the info it has in it, photos and all, from literally YEARS of operation. We had some trouble back when everyone did, but mostly it seems to glide along fairly smoothly.

ZachO, I sure hope you figure it out. The idea of writing in Word and cutting and pasting isn't the worst I've ever heard...for one thing, I, personally, could do that, as I would know how. You may be way more technical than I am and can solve this other ways I really hope you do!

BEST
"K"
Old 06-16-2019, 07:40 AM   #5

North Carolina
Word, or any simple word processor will work - all you need is is something to compose the message that wont lose it like web browsers sometimes do, and /or has an option to save the draft message as a file.

Editpad lite is free and simple.

LibreWrite a free version of Microsoft Word that works quite well for more sophisticated documents but it does come with a steeper learning curve.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:41 AM   #6

Montana
It's fine, just annoying. I agree with Jim, this site is buggier than other forums I'm on, but it's worth it.

I had to buy an ad blocker to even use this site on my older Mac. Before that it crashed every time.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:30 AM   #7

North Carolina
Quote:

I had to buy an ad blocker to even use this site on my older Mac. Before that it crashed every time.
Now that might be the issue.. some ad blockers just stall loading a page if an individual ad is not loading. Try it with and without the ad blocker enabled. (It still should not log you out however).
Old 06-16-2019, 10:33 AM   #8

Montana
Thanks Gordon. I installed the ad blocker possibly as long as a year ago. Whatever's going on is new as of a few days ago. Could just be my local service if no one else is having issues. I'm house sitting and though there's great internet down here, you never know.

This site honestly wouldn't function on my computer without the ad blocker. I've also since upgraded my RAM which helped a ton, but all the same, the problems I have with this forum, I don't have with any other.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:36 AM   #9

North Carolina
Quote:
... I installed the ad blocker possibly as long as a year ago. Whatever's going on is new as of a few days ago. .. ..
Which could be a new ad misbehaving.

BTW, I just experienced non-responsiveness of the forum for a short time. But I know have 3 meg DSL (crap that kinda stops at times) so who knows what the cause was.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:48 AM   #10

Montana
Ah, ok. Well thanks.

Internet is being funky today. Google seems to be down. I've been having to do searches on Bing.
Old 06-16-2019, 02:18 PM   #11

Name: Scott
Trailer: Scamp 5th Wheel
Montana
Registry
I see many people have posted their rv for sale in the thread. I tried to do this and it says I do not have permission. I have posted my 5th wheel in the classifieds, but it doesn't seem to get any views there. Please advise. Thanks!
Scott Feyhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:35 AM   #12

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Forum keeps logging me out while I'm here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Feyhl View Post
I see many people have posted their rv for sale in the thread. I tried to do this and it says I do not have permission. I have posted my 5th wheel in the classifieds, but it doesn't seem to get any views there. Please advise. Thanks!
The classified threads on this website are computer-generated previews of ads posted on the other site. Direct listing here is no longer allowed.

One possible workaround is to list on Craigslist or fiberglass-rv-4sale.com and post a link in the referral section here (as a self-referral). I have not been told this is not allowed, and at least one other person has done it with a successful sale resulting.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 05:02 PM   #13
Administrator

Trailer: Argosy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
The classified threads on this website are computer-generated previews of ads posted on the other site. Direct listing here is no longer allowed.

One possible workaround is to list on Craigslist or fiberglass-rv-4sale.com and post a link in the referral section here (as a self-referral). I have not been told this is not allowed, and at least one other person has done it with a successful sale resulting.
This is NOT accurate.

This is our classifieds page: https://www.fiberglassclassifieds.com/

The classifieds listings here are uploaded directly by members and while the page is a little different to use than the forums we made this change deliberately to increase security for buyers and sellers. Folks listing rigs must register a forum account and then verify their info via 2 factor authentication. We have taken this step to keep scammers out.

Our classifieds are free to use and with the huge business in scammy sales of collectible rigs we felt this was the responsible thing to do.

Members are welcome load ads of their own rigs and if they have trouble we can help - hit the contact link at the bottom of the page to reach the help desk.

Referral listings can be posted as usual here: Referrals: Molded Fiberglass Trailers - Fiberglass RV
Old 06-18-2019, 09:32 PM   #14

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
You can compose messages in your email program and cut and paste from there. If you want to save it as a draft then just address it to yourself. It is often easier than opening a program such as MS word.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:55 AM   #15
Administrator

Trailer: Argosy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Feyhl View Post
When you posted your ad on the classifieds page a sale thread was automatically set up as well.

You can see it here: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post744977

The reason for this duplication is that some folks use forums and like to read threads but more people search the classifieds page because of the filtering tools available.