How do I block all these pop-ups - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Forum Admin, News & Announcements
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-29-2010, 12:07 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp Deluxe 2007 and 40' Allegro Bus
Send a message via AIM to RSchleder Send a message via Yahoo to RSchleder
How do I block all these pop-ups

I've been off the forum for several weeks and I really like the way it looks today. My question is: I'm using Firefox and have the pop-up blocker enabled and still I'm plagued by numerous pop-ups on every thread I read here. I didn't experience this situation in the past and I find it very annoying. Any suggestions to get rid of these? Thanks, Ron
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:42 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 19 ft 2010
Registry
Try Some Scanning Software

I would be worried about an infection. Some free scans or software are available by searching the following:

TrendMicro
AdAware
Malware Bytes
SuperAntiSpyware

It does not matter if what you have is a current and up to date antivirus, you will still get infected. There is a family of Trojans such as Zlob or Vundo that consistently pop up fake warnings. Variations put out advertising. I do not see other people complaining about a similar problem so I would expect you have something locally affecting things.

Also be sure you have the most up to date version of your browser whether it is Internet Explorer, Foxfire or any of the others.
Paul Braun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:50 PM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Cool Change Default settings in "User CP"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
I'm plagued by numerous pop-ups on every thread I read here. I didn't experience this situation in the past and I find it very annoying. Any suggestions to get rid of these? Thanks, Ron
At the top of the page, just to the right of the FiberglassRV.com logo, find the words "User CP". That is your control panel. Click on "User CP", and in the new window, scroll down the list to "Settings and Options" and click on that. There will be a list of settings, each with a check-box. The default is to have many of these checked. Un-check which ones that control the notifications you no longer wish to receive. While you're in there, you might explore the other functions you can control.

I hope this helps.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:44 PM   #4

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Is there a way to:

1) Eliminate the idiot box that pops up asking if you really want to log-off?
2) Set all forums as read without clicking 'Quick Links' and 'Mark all Forums as Read'?

The reason I ask this is the fact I am lazy and find it bothersome that it takes five (5) clicks to log-off the forums.
CD Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:46 AM   #5

Trailer: Boler 1300
Registry
I am also using firefox and have never seen a popup. I would also recomend scanning for viruses and spyware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
I've been off the forum for several weeks and I really like the way it looks today. My question is: I'm using Firefox and have the pop-up blocker enabled and still I'm plagued by numerous pop-ups on every thread I read here. I didn't experience this situation in the past and I find it very annoying. Any suggestions to get rid of these? Thanks, Ron
Willy R is offline   Reply With Quote