How to find emailed announcement - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2020, 02:55 PM   #1

Name: Lois
Trailer: Scamp
Michigan
How to find emailed announcement

Every once in a while an email message comes from here that really tempts me to try and find it. Never can. Today's was a perfect example:
7 Useful Items For Dry Camping Without Power

Tried the total line and got tons w/o that topic.
Tried Without Power and then Dry Camping. Still tons unrelated.
Actually Boondocking came closest.
Never found the tempting article.

If there's a way to go right to featured articles I'd love to know.
Lois-sez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 11:00 AM   #2

Name: Kate
Trailer: Casita 2018 Liberty Dlx
Massachusetts
Searching for articles vs posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lois-sez View Post
Every once in a while an email message comes from here that really tempts me to try and find it. Never can. Today's was a perfect example:
7 Useful Items For Dry Camping Without Power

If there's a way to go right to featured articles I'd love to know.
Hi Lois-sez - The message you're referencing came from RV Life, not Fiberglass RV. Can be confusing. Basically, RV Life email announces articles while Fiberglass RV email announces posts which may become threads. You can't search Fiberglass RV for articles.

I found this by searching on RV Life: https://rvlife.com/dry-camping-items/

"Librarians love looking"
Old 05-24-2020, 03:09 PM   #3

Name: Lisle
Trailer: 2018 Casita Spirit Deiuxe
Massachusetts
Registry
Same thing happened to me today with that article. I think it's just a temporary glitch. Usually just clicking on the articles at the end of the Forum takes you there.
Lisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 03:24 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lois-sez View Post
Never found the tempting article.

Five ways to write RV click bait headlines.
You're not likely missing anything.
Old 05-25-2020, 02:44 PM   #5

Michigan
Red face Searching for articles vs posts

Thank you fellow librarian, KamperKate!

Obviously I have missed the obvious source on those emails. Just shows I'd much rather come here than to the more generalized RV Life which so often is aimed at the big rigs.

Since MI libraries are all closed along with our campgrounds, let's hope things change SOON! Camping can be very low risk with distancing practiced.
Old 05-30-2020, 02:57 PM   #6

Michigan

I received today what Glenn would dismiss as click-bait. Yes, I was able to take it and find it on RVLife.com, but the messages always come seemingly from here. The heading says Fiberglass RV Forums Newsletter Issue 212 - May 2020 - Week 22 and the sender is always sender@fiberglassrv.com.

Seems misleading.

I must say this is home for us and our renovated 13' Boler rather than a lot of other sites aimed at 5th wheels and the like. I'll always remember the little boy who saw us park in among all those monster big rigs. He came up to us and asked, "Is that all you brought!?!" Kind of felt like we were pitching a pup tent. Still we're very proud of it and there are always people who are so impressed with how compactly it contains everything.
Old 06-09-2020, 04:52 PM   #7

Michigan

While on the road, I switched to the webmail my website host offers. (SmarterMail . . . & it's not Smarter, but it's free & easily accessed.) I now only use Thunderbird email to archive emails. Just started going through some of the emails supposedly from Fiberglass RV Forums, but we know it's really the family of RV sites. I was shocked to find multiple links, when the webmail only shows "click bait." Not only the multiple links, but it takes you (as links should) to wherever the post appears.

Guess I'd say anybody else only seeing a single article listed from "Fiberglass RV Forums" might try to see it on a different email program. Haven't checked gmail, for example, but found this an interesting update to the problem I initially posted.