Login Changes - login with e-mail soon - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2018, 12:31 AM   #21

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Have you check the box "Remember Me"? Username comes up and when you click on the email one, the password is automatically filled in. Then click log in.
I just did that so I could make the screen captures.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 10.28.03 PM.png   Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 10.28.23 PM.png  

Old 12-11-2018, 12:37 AM   #22

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Have you check the box "Remember Me"? Username comes up and when you click on the email one, the password is automatically filled in. Then click log in.
I just did that so I could make the screen captures.
Again...It doesn't work when you change servers. (or browsers- which also often happens) Your identity requests re-establishment from the basic level, erasing any set ID/passwords.
It's annoying, but proper protocol. Life on the road is not as automated as one wishes. This is a double edged sword that us full-timers have learned to live with.

C'est la vie
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:41 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
You know better than I.
I havn't had problems logging in using campground WiFi though.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:29 AM   #24

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
When I travel and take my laptop, which is fairly often, I do as baglo describes and have never had an issue, and stay logged on no matter where I access the site from on my laptop. I mostly connect to different WiFi servers and this is never an issue as all the password stuff is a computer function and it makes no difference where the WiFi service comes from.

Email addresses for me are simple. One for personal, one for business (hopefully will be not needed soon ), and a hotmail account set up for potential junk stuff. Pretty easy to know which is set up for FGRV.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 07:24 AM   #25

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Same here. When you click "remember me" it creates a cookie on your computer with the log-in information for that site. If you use several different browsers you will have to do it separately for each- I think- but only once.

You might check your browser settings. There may be an option that clears all cookies every time you close the browser.

It doesn't matter where you log in though. I, too, regularly access the Internet from airports, libraries, restaurants, hotels, family members' houses,... No problem.

I was having some log-in issues with the iPhone app. It was resolved by deleting and reinstalling the app. The app is my preferred interface on the go.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 08:21 AM   #26

NA
It's great to hear y'all have a simple Internet life.
With the complexity of my use, it's guaranteed I don't stay logged on (nor do I want to stay logged onto any account, especially after closing one one my several browsers or rebooting my computer on another server).

Most of the time I read fiberglassrv.com, I do so logged out as a guest.

But hey, you know what will make my life easier? Going back to our Membership name as a login!

Miss that.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:28 AM   #27

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
What Jon said.... It's just a browser setting, nothing to do with servers. You can make it as easy as you care to. That said, my internet use is not sophisticated enough to need multiple browsers, which would require "remembering" the login on each browser. Hope you sort it out.
ShelbyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 08:40 AM   #28

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
As mentioned before.. a password manager such as KeePass makes most of the complaints about the login changes trivial while also making it easy to make your more critical accounts much more secure than trying to remember things.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 08:59 AM   #29

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
......every time you close the browser.
What is this you talk about? I don't want to lose my 2 windows of 15-30 tabs that are open and not bookmarked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidalga View Post
It's great to hear y'all have a simple Internet life.
With the complexity of my use, it's guaranteed I don't stay logged on (nor do I want to stay logged onto any account, especially after closing one one my several browsers or rebooting my computer on another server).

Most of the time I read fiberglassrv.com, I do so logged out as a guest.

But hey, you know what will make my life easier? Going back to our Membership name as a login!

Miss that.
I am not following why you would not want to stay logged in to FGRV? Nothing bad could come of it, and it is way more convenient for using.

I also don't understand what the difference is between logging in with a username or email address. They are equally as easy, the email address is more secure, and no sense fussing as I doubt it will change.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 09:30 AM   #30

NA
Browsers and software are like men to me. One can’t give me everything I desire, so I need several to completely satisfy.

Sometimes, I can’t remember their names.

Ultimately, I need to leave.

But that’s not to say things always eventually get sorted out…mostly in bed ;-)

I haven’t taken any of my browsers to bed with me, but I do have a favorite out of the bunch.

It’s wise for a lady not to keep sensitive information with any of them.