Molded Fiberglass Trailer Registry - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2010, 02:24 PM   #1
Administrator

Molded Fiberglass Trailer Registry

We have added a new feature to our community which will allow us to capture a database of molded fiberglass trailer into a new registry system with details about the trailers & photos.

You should now see a new drop down menu in the navbar, it's pointed out in the screen shot below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	8-16-2010 5-17-22 PM.png
Views:	68
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	30531

To add your trailer simply go to the first option that says "My Trailer (manage)" and then you can add your trailer to the registry. As the system fills up you will be able to search by brand, year, length and more. It could take years to populate but by planting the see now we will watch this database grow and foster into a terrific resource for molded fiberglass enthusiasts.

To kick off this new feature, lets have some fun. We will use random.org to select one registry entry to win a $100 Visa gift card. All you have to do is create your registry entry and attach at least one photo. On December 1st I will select the winner at random and then send them their gift card for some holiday spending money.

If you have any questions or issues, please post here and we will get everyone walked through this process!
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:14 PM   #2

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft (Fluffer-Nugget)
Registry
I just registered my Fluffer-Nugget...Too cool!
Great idea!
Emily R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:34 PM   #3
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily R. View Post
I just registered my Fluffer-Nugget...Too cool!
Great idea!
Emily, your entry is wonderful. I dig Fluffer-Nugget.

Note you can now see other members trailers from under their avatars as well. If you own more then one up to three will show up down there.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:03 AM   #4
Administrator

We had some issues with images not showing up after loading them into the Trailer Registry. We found the problem and it has been corrected. If you have issues before please try again.

Thanks for being patient while we get the bugs ironed out of this new feature.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:49 AM   #5

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Nice!
Aids10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:54 AM   #6

Trailer: Boler
Registry
Adding photos etc to my registry

I just started to register my Boler and added a couple of photos but for whatever reason I got out of the system and now can't get back into add more photos and notes. Help???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
We have added a new feature to our community which will allow us to capture a database of molded fiberglass trailer into a new registry system with details about the trailers & photos.

You should now see a new drop down menu in the navbar, it's pointed out in the screen shot below:

Attachment 30531

To add your trailer simply go to the first option that says "My Trailer (manage)" and then you can add your trailer to the registry. As the system fills up you will be able to search by brand, year, length and more. It could take years to populate but by planting the see now we will watch this database grow and foster into a terrific resource for molded fiberglass enthusiasts.

To kick off this new feature, lets have some fun. We will use random.org to select one registry entry to win a $100 Visa gift card. All you have to do is create your registry entry and attach at least one photo. On December 1st I will select the winner at random and then send them their gift card for some holiday spending money.

If you have any questions or issues, please post here and we will get everyone walked through this process!
Naomi L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:01 AM   #7
Administrator

My apologies for the issues you were having. There appears to be a bug in the system that does not create the thumbnail images when a listing is edited. We have submitted a ticket with the software vendor and hope to have this resolved ASAP. In the meantime your listing has been fixed and you should now be able to edit it as needed.

We will run maintenance to fix broken entries every so often so if this happens to someone else, please be patient, check back and you should be able to edit as needed.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:28 PM   #8

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft
Registry
Andy -

FYI I uploaded pictures last night with no problem...

A couple of comments -

First, I think the registry is great! Thanks for setting it up. It is going to be a great resource.

Secondly, I think you need to find a way to sort the registrations other than time posted - LIFO (last in first out). Possibly by trailer type? I find it confusing (and ego busting) that every new registration goes in front of mine. Seems to be a penalty on those of us that jumped out there first... If time is the criteria, at least use FIFO (first in first out). Really, just a suggestion, not a biggie.

Thanks again! This gave me the push to get together some photos and start to show the egg.

There is no such thing as an all black cat.
Tom U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:55 PM   #9

Trailer: 1972 13 ft Boler
Registry
I love the registry and when I have the time I'm going looking for ideas for my Boler. I registered it but while I was doing so, it created a second trailer when I tried to upload a photo that was too large. I've deleted the partial profile but just wanted to let you know in case there are other duplicates.
BrendaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:30 PM   #10
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom U View Post
Secondly, I think you need to find a way to sort the registrations other than time posted - LIFO (last in first out). Possibly by trailer type? I find it confusing (and ego busting) that every new registration goes in front of mine. Seems to be a penalty on those of us that jumped out there first... If time is the criteria, at least use FIFO (first in first out). Really, just a suggestion, not a biggie.
The long term vision is to have different views to the registry where you can see

Recent Additions (this what is there now)
View by Manufacturer
View by Model
View by Year
View by Length

You can actually sort and search for these already using the "Advanced Search" link at the bottom of the Trailer Registry drop down. We will basically link to saved searches to do this filtering later.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:57 PM   #11

Registry
Quote:
The long term vision is to have different views to the registry where you can see

You can actually sort and search for these already using the "Advanced Search" link at the bottom of the Trailer Registry drop down. We will basically link to saved searches to do this filtering later.
Andy,

Thanks! Doh, should have seen that!

Again - Great resource!

Old 09-12-2010, 11:28 AM   #12

Trailer: 2001 Casita 16 ft Spirit Deluxe
Quote:

To add your trailer simply go to the first option that says "My Trailer (manage)" and then you can add your trailer to the registry.
Sorry...I'm not seeing this option. Should it be a drop-down option under Trailer Registry? I'd love to contribute my trailer to the population...this is a great idea!
ClareM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:00 PM   #13

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClareM View Post
Sorry...I'm not seeing this option. Should it be a drop-down option under Trailer Registry? I'd love to contribute my trailer to the population...this is a great idea!
Yes.
The 1st line in the drop down menu is "My Trailer (manage)"
Click on that to create your registry.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:33 AM   #14
Administrator

A few days left to get your trailer entered in the registry and have a chance to win $100 Visa gift card!
Old 01-25-2011, 02:25 PM   #15
Administrator

Trailer: Argosy
Registry
Thanks to everyone who filled out their registry. They are so cool to cruise through and there many, many wonderful registries.

We have a winner! Check out Emily Rs winning registry entry - the fluffer nutter looks like a blast

If you haven't filled out your trailer registry I encourage you to. In time we will have a tool to allow members to sort registries by brand and this will be a huge resource to the community, especially those engaged in restorations. You can find the link on the upper nav bar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fgrv registry.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	33040

Congratulations Emily R
Old 01-25-2011, 05:43 PM   #16

Registry
Wow-weeee!
Thanks guys that is awesome!
I'm glad you enjoyed and appreciated our Fluffer-Nugget...We love her too!

We will be using the gift card to purchase 1Shot paint colours to use on our "family tree" mural that we plan on painting on our trailer in the next few months....The timing couldn't have been better!

You can check out our family's art work here: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f56/rainy-sunday-painting-project-44926.html

Thanks again to everyone!

Emily
Old 02-01-2011, 10:48 PM   #17

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily R. View Post
Wow-weeee!
Thanks guys that is awesome!

Emily
Congrats, Emily -

Old 02-02-2011, 08:52 AM   #18

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom U View Post
Congrats, Emily -
Thanks!
It was an honor just being nominated!