Moving Classifieds When "Sold"? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Forum Admin, News & Announcements
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-27-2015, 03:47 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Moving Classifieds When "Sold"?

I come across several classifieds that remain for months or years even when the seller has posted it has sold. Now, I know they are supposed to let admin know but they seem to forget this. Is there some way that I can bring this to the attention of the mods and have it moved to "Archives"? It would clean up the classified this way and only need to be done when the seller has posted that it has sold. Thank you.
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 04:34 PM   #2

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Another forum I frequent has a useful "notify moderator" clickable link on each post. If each thread had one of these, it would help. Just a thought. I know it can be difficult to modify the software.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 05:07 PM   #3

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Clicking on the small triangle in the lower left corner of the post will provide a general link to send a message to moderators concerning abuses of postings, but usually not for purposes of deleting posts.

For the most part, if there hasn't been any action on a For Sale posting within the past month or so, it is usually DOA.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 09:35 PM   #4
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Thanks for the heads up. I just cleared a bunch of them out (moved to the Classified Archives). Sorry we let them go for so long - we really try to keep up with it.

Bob's of course correct about the "report" icon on each post. He is also correct we prefer that be used for situations that require immediate attention, such as an abusive post.

For non-emergency situations, you can always send a PM to any of our Site Team members.

Thanks again for the heads up.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:04 AM   #5

Thanks Mary F. I was just looking for a way to help move them along.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:36 PM   #6
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
To clarify: please Do Not use the Report icon to let us know when a trailer has sold. We will normally catch an "it's sold" post in the classified threads. An alternative is to send one of the moderators a PM.

Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F View Post
To clarify: please Do Not use the Report icon to let us know when a trailer has sold. We will normally catch an "it's sold" post in the classified threads. An alternative is to send one of the moderators a PM.

It was pretty clear to me. I figure to PM the link if I see one that has slipped through the cracks and is being recycled. Thanks again.

Tags
vin