New Classifieds page today - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2019, 02:02 PM   #1
Administrator

Trailer: Argosy
Registry
New Classifieds page today

We have been busy building a new classifieds page for FGRV and today it's live although we're still tweaking the page. You can see the tab at the top of the page: https://www.fiberglassclassifieds.com/

We have moved active ads from the past month to the new page but If your was not included you are welcome to reload it. The old classifieds forum is still available to view but is now closed to posting. In a few weeks we'll archive it but thought some of the ads might be of value for a time.

Here's some basic info about using classifieds:

Posting For Sale and Wanted ads:
  • Any FGRV member can post a new ad or respond to an existing on and there is no charge.
  • When a new ad is posted a new thread will be created in this forum automatically. It will include a link to the ad itself as well as some of the info from the ad and helps give greater visibility to ads. There is no "new thread" button in this classifieds forum however as all ads should be placed from the classifieds page.

Logging into the classifieds page:
There is a login button at the top right of the page and you can login with your usual info. Tick the 'stay logged in button'

Two-factor authentication:
In order to post an ad for the first time you will need to verify your account via sms (we text you a code which you then paste into the verification field). The new requirement of two-factor authentication is a security measure and while we understand it's an extra step it also is a needed security measure. Scammers are a growing problem in the RV footprint and we want to be proactive about this to help keep members safe.

If you are unable to complete this process and contact us via the contact link at the bottom of the page for some help.
Editing Ads:
Members can edit their ads and add photos or additional text. Once your item has been sold please mark the ad "SOLD" and the ad will disappear after a few days.
Problem ads
There is a report function (look for the triangle icon) on each ad to report a problem. This will send an alert to the site team who will check out the issue and take any needed action.
Ad posting rules:
All ads need to meet the basic guidelines for this site.
Please review these if you are unsure about whether your ad is appropriate.
Posting ad referrals
Referral ads are ads found on craiglist and in local papers and listings. If you wish to post these as a courtesy to others, please post them in the referral forum as usual using a thread. Do not post then on on the new classifieds page.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:30 PM   #2

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Please consider a life span on ads, something like seller needs to check back in at least once a month. Something as simple as “it’s stll for sale”. Otherwise, no response from seller ads could be retired.

Seems like people sometimes join solely to market their trailer then never return to respond.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 07:50 PM   #3
Administrator

Registry
The new ads will expire automatically after a few months and drop off the page. If the lister marks the item as sold it will be hidden after a few days. This should be a big help with the issue you bring up.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:07 PM   #4

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
The new ads will expire automatically after a few months and drop off the page. If the lister marks the item as sold it will be hidden after a few days. This should be a big help with the issue you bring up.
Sounds great.. maybe the poster will get a notice when the ad is about to expire? Maybe that is too much to ask? It would not be needed for any FBRV that was fairly priced but maybe some parts, etc would not sell for months.

Great work on this. It should become very popular. And I love the map - get to see what is for sale near me. Two thumbs up (because I only have two).
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:21 PM   #5

Name: Daniel
Trailer: Sold it
Northern VA
Nice work. I like how it looks and the map is a nice idea.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:17 PM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thanks for a great job. The map really adds to its usefulness.
Martin B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 12:29 PM   #7

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Will there still be an archive with photos? That's been an excellent reference resource for the community.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 12:57 PM   #8

Name: Dave
Trailer: Scamp
Arizona
Log out

How do you log out. I can’t find a log out/off button. How long can you stay on this site without activity?
Dave Checksum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 01:18 PM   #9

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
All I get when I try to post is to go to Fiberglass RV and log in (I'm already logged in) and then I go to classifieds, where I'm logged in, get the Free Ad posting, click, and back to log in to Fiberglass RV. I never get anything asking for two-factor authentication.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 03:00 PM   #10
Administrator

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie Mayer View Post
All I get when I try to post is to go to Fiberglass RV and log in (I'm already logged in) and then I go to classifieds, where I'm logged in, get the Free Ad posting, click, and back to log in to Fiberglass RV. I never get anything asking for two-factor authentication.
Make sure that you have allowed cookie exchange with the site. We use cookies to keep you logged in between page changes - sounds like this may be an issue.
Old 05-19-2021, 09:24 AM   #11

Name: Bill
Trailer: Parkliner
North Carolina
Registry
Although I am successfully logged into fiberglassrv.com, I cannot get logged into fiberglassclassifieds.com
Wpuvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 11:51 AM   #12
Administrator

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpuvy View Post
Although I am successfully logged into fiberglassrv.com, I cannot get logged into fiberglassclassifieds.com
Login to the forum then navigate to classifieds. If you need to login in again, use the same login credentials as for the forum.

Are you getting some sort of error message?
Old 07-31-2022, 07:32 AM   #13

Name: Reino
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
Why can’t you find Scamp in the drop down menu of makes when trying to post a trailer for sale?
Vanhamies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 11:39 AM   #14

Name: John
Trailer: Scamp 1995 19'
North Carolina
I love the google map thing. Zoom in it expands and redistributes the locations. Zoom out and it gathers them all back in again. Is this something built into google maps, or custom programming?
Old 03-11-2024, 10:08 AM   #15

Name: M
Trailer: Formerly Scamp
Oregon
I posted my trailer for sale ad. But I was unable to correct the sideways photo. It looked good when I set the ad up. Can you help? No one wants to buy a trailer nose down. Thanks.
Ttocs M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 09:50 PM   #16
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Scott View Post
I posted my trailer for sale ad. But I was unable to correct the sideways photo. It looked good when I set the ad up. Can you help? No one wants to buy a trailer nose down. Thanks.
See Why Do Some Photos Rotate?
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote