posting pictures - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2007, 04:40 PM   #1

Trailer: 1987 17 ft Burro
I would love to show everyone pictures on the inside of our Burro. Someone will have to explain in real simple terms how to do that I have loaded the pictures into the computer under "my pictures". I tried to do a post with an attachment . It tried to load, I think, but then the preview post would not come up and the "post" was not lighted as a choice. . I'm thinking the pixels are probably too many and it won't load. If that's the case, how do I make it a simpler photo - or something

Remember, real small words!! thanks, Christi
Christi W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:52 PM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Christi, try not previewing the post.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:57 PM   #3

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
Christi,

Does your computer have a photoshop program? To resize a photo with our Photoshop Paintshop Pro I double-click on the photo in my pictures to activate the photoshop program, then save the image as a separate file so my original photo doesn't lose its resolution. Then I click image on the upper toolbar, then click resize. Make the maximum height/width of the photo 500 pixels and then click OK.

I hope this helps!

Jeanne
Jeanne and Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 07:08 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Christi, there are two tutorials that may help you:

Photo Upload Tutorials, How-Tos

The above tutorial is a bit out of date...guess I'd better fix that soon. At anyrate, we would prefer pics that are 72dpi and no larger than 500pixels wide. The software will automatically make the thumbnail. If you need to reduce the resolution of the picture, do that first...then change the pixels to 500.

Then read Gina D's: Step by Step ~ Post Pictures help., Simon says, follow these steps

If you still have problems, send me a PM, I can make them the correct size, send them back to you and you can post in a topic.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:38 PM   #5

Trailer: 1987 17 ft Burro
I can not believe it- they POSTED!! Thanks for your help - it was the size. I reduced them and they jumped right on there. Christi
Christi W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:11 PM   #6

good for you Christi Yep, it's pretty common to have digital pictures that are hi-res (high dpi)...and that's what you want for printing pictures, but not the web!
Old 02-18-2008, 02:10 PM   #7

Trailer: 77' Trillium
Hi Donna,
I need to send some pictures to someone that replied to my reply on the forum and I don't know how to send them. I'm not the best on my computer. Help!!! I tried to follow Ginas step by step and none of my stuff looked like she showed it should look.
Thnaks for your help.
Nadine Y.

Quote:
good for you Christi Yep, it's pretty common to have digital pictures that are hi-res (high dpi)...and that's what you want for printing pictures, but not the web!
Nadine Y. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Hi Donna,
I need to send some pictures to someone that replied to my reply on the forum and I don't know how to send them. I'm not the best on my computer. Help!!! I tried to follow Ginas step by step and none of my stuff looked like she showed it should look.
Thnaks for your help.
Nadine Y.
Hey Nadine. You can't send pictures via e-mail or PM THROUGH FiberglassRV. And members e-mail addresses are hidden. Send the individual a PM or e-mail and get THEIR e-mail address. Then using your regular e-mail (not FiberglassRV) send the pictures. For instance, I have a Yahoo e-mail account... that's what I would use to send someone pictures. You can post pictures here, just not send pictures from here.

Does this make sense?
Old 02-29-2008, 10:30 AM   #9

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I should redo that tutorial.. it has screen shots of the OLD forum software and indeed, it doesn't quite look like that anymore.

sigh... more on the plate...
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote