Posting pictures - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2014, 05:51 PM   #1

Name: Don
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Posting pictures

Thanks for adding me to the form. I am having trouble figuring out how to post pictures. Can't seem to track down a sticky on this. Can I just use a photo sharing site like Photobucket? I do lack in some computer skills. I have started in the clean up of my 1975 Trillium 1300 and would Lk,e to share my photos of my progress.
Don ravinerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:08 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
One reason to post pictures internally is to make sure they remain available as an archive. External links sometimes change and become unavailable. Here's how to do it:

Start a new post, then...

In the toolbar above the message box, click on the paperclip icon. This will take you to a new tab or window called "Manage Attachments." Go to the section that says "Upload File from your Computer." Choose up to four photos, then hit "upload" (way over at the right). Be prepared to wait a while, since larger photos will be automatically resized. You can continue to work on the text of your post while the pictures load.

Now the confusing part. You won't see the pictures, because they haven't been inserted into your post yet - they are waiting in a queue. Place your cursor in the post where you want the picture to appear. Then hit the paperclip icon again. This time a drop-down menu will appear, which should have all the pictures you uploaded. Choose the one you want. You still won't see the picture, but you should see something pop up into the post indicating an attachment. Repeat for each photo.

NOTE - I think it may be possible to repeat the above two steps if you want more than four photos in a single post, but I am not sure - never needed to.

You're done, but I would recommend using the "Preview Post" first to make sure everything is the way you intended. Now you should actually see the pictures. Last, hit "Submit Reply."

Good luck, and welcome to the forum! We do love pictures here!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:41 PM   #3

Ontario
Thanks very much for the help. I'll give it a go as soon as I can get on the main computer where my pictures are.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:17 PM   #4
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Thanks, Jon, for helping out.

Don, our sticky for posting pics is hidden in the (pinned) thread called Forums 101, Posting, Accounts, Basics.

Good luck with it. We love pics!!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:13 AM   #5

Ontario
Thanks I was able to follow the info Jon gave me and posted some pictures up of my trailer.