Returning to a post already read? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Forum Admin, News & Announcements
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-29-2010, 02:26 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Returning to a post already read?

Any chance that a post already read can be marked as such, rather than being immediately deleted? Drives me crazy trying to return to them or find them again in the same login.
David Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:37 PM   #2

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
I have had the same problem (or similar - I can't tell for sure by what you are saying).

My problem is this: I am logged in, come to the forum, and hit "new posts" (as I always have). I see a new post I am interested in, click on it, and post in it.

Then when I come back the next time (whether five minutes later, an hour later, or a day later) and click "new posts," that thread is gone. It is not in new posts, and it is not in the section lower down of posts that are semi-new (forget exact wording). And of course if it's something I was interested in enough to reply to, then I want to see it again

Okay, of course the thread is not really gone, but the only way for me to find it is to do something extra, such as go to my profile and hit my recent posts, or just comb through the various forum sections.

This is completely different behavior from the old forum, which would just turn the post up at, say, the top of the "new posts" (if I had just posted and then hit "new posts").

It has been a bit frustrating (and I wasn't sure if anyone else was experiencing it), as it makes it the hardest to follow the threads that I am most interested in. I had been meaning to post something about it. (And I'm sorry if this is not the same thing you are talking about.)

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:43 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raya L. View Post
I have had the same problem (or similar - I can't tell for sure by what you are saying).

My problem is this: I am logged in, come to the forum, and hit "new posts" (as I always have). I see a new post I am interested in, click on it, and post in it.

Then when I come back the next time (whether five minutes later, an hour later, or a day later) and click "new posts," that thread is gone. It is not in new posts, and it is not in the section lower down of posts that are semi-new (forget exact wording). And of course if it's something I was interested in enough to reply to, then I want to see it again

Okay, of course the thread is not really gone, but the only way for me to find it is to do something extra, such as go to my profile and hit my recent posts, or just comb through the various forum sections.

This is completely different behavior from the old forum, which would just turn the post up at, say, the top of the "new posts" (if I had just posted and then hit "new posts").

It has been a bit frustrating (and I wasn't sure if anyone else was experiencing it), as it makes it the hardest to follow the threads that I am most interested in. I had been meaning to post something about it. (And I'm sorry if this is not the same thing you are talking about.)

Raya
This is the same thing, including posts I haven't replied to, but would like to revisit (I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this).
David Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:01 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
This is common on other forums with the same software. If you post it is no longer on the 'New Posts' list. I assume this is because you are all caught up in that thread and there is no reason to list it then. If someone responds to it, it will once again show up in the 'New Posts' list.

At least, this is what it does for me.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:44 PM   #5

Interesting: I post on a dozen or so forums, with various forum software types, and I haven't seen this behavior. Where it gets me is if, say, I post about a part or process, and then I want to go back and add something to my post (because, say, now that I'm thinking about whatever it is, a few hours later something additional comes to mind, etc.).

I have noticed that they come back when someone else posts, but that could be weeks!

Raya
Old 08-30-2010, 11:56 AM   #6

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Real Easy ....... Just go up top and click on "Quick Links" then click on "Todays Posts" and everything will be there no matter how many times you read it...... I use this procedure over "New Posts"
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:40 PM   #7

That works - thanks