Sandor Dusa passed - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #1

Name: Corinne
Trailer: Market
Manitoba
Angry Sandor Dusa passed

Sandor Dusa passed on April 26 2013. I just wanted to clarify some questions I had seen. First he was not Mexican as Roy TO asked he was Hungarian. Next the Boler trailer was because of a thought of the Boler hat not an egg. They never did any other trailer other than the Boler, the Honey was mentioned no they didn't do the Honey for anyone.
Now Ray approached Sandor which was working for a fiberglass firm to form a company. Ray had an idea and picture that he sketched out with no specs just a picture. Sandor asked where is the specs, Ray mentioned that is why he was approaching Sandor. So Sandor being a master at what he did looked and calculated. Finally came up with specs and started making the molds for the Boler company he was the vice president and mold maker.I will give you a link that ran in the business journey also they won the aerodynamic design for the Boler. Jim Pattison of Neonex bought the Boler and wanted the larger version that Sandor did not do. Here is the link to the business journal link. http://www.bolerama.org/bolerbusiness.html I just wanted it clarified in honor. I hope this will answer some of those questions and that link tells the best part of the story. A passionate, loving and talented man is now resting. His obit was in the Winnipeg Free Press that ran on April 30th if any of the lovers of the Boler want to say anything or Neil Bardal website in Winnipeg on Notre Dame by all means I believe he would like that he use to call it his baby. By the way the Bigfoot trailer was produced by Irwin Krieg in B.C. when Boler was sold he went his way to put that trailer out.
Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Obituary for Boler designer Sandor Dusa

His obit & photo can be found at Winnipeg Free Press Passages

"SANDOR DUSA

SANDOR DUSA August 3, 1934 - April 26, 2013 It is with overwhelming sadness and grief that we announce the passing of Sandor Dusa. Sandor was born in Karcag, Hungary and immigrated to Canada in 1956. Sandor leaves to mourn his loving wife and companion of 37 years, Corinne, his children: Robert, Sylvia and Alexander and the light of his life and buddy, his grandson Sebastian Dusa. Sandor had a brilliant mind, was a true inventor and had a fantastic sense of humour. He was a successful businessman and was part owner, also the master mould maker for the company that created the Boler Trailer in the 1970s. At Sandor's request no public service will be held. He will be lovingly missed and never forgotten. NEIL BARDAL FUNERAL CENTRE 204-949-2200 neilbardalinc.com"

As published in the Winnipeg Free Press on April 30, 2013
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #3

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All... Sorry to hear this news. Brilliant minds will pass away... but what they create may last and last.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Every Boler on the road, found in a field, behind a barn, tucked away behind trees is a testament to this man. He will be remembered as long as there is an egg-shaped trailer somewhere....

Rest in Peace Sandor Dusa.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:08 PM   #5

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
dear corinne---my condolences on the loss of your beloved husband.
may he rest in peace.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #6

Name: Corinne
Trailer: Market
Manitoba
Thank you all Corinne
Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #7

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
With Corinne's permission I have posted this on bolerama.

link to post on bolerama on delphi forums

I'll get Carol Ann to do the facebook thing for those on "I own a boler"
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:50 PM   #8

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Corinne, I'm sorry for your loss. Thank you for posting, I really love my Boler!
Old 07-03-2014, 03:52 PM   #9

Name: T&K
Trailer: Boler
Manitoba
Boler history

Hi Corrine. I thought you would be interested to read my consolidated history of the Boler and hopefully send me any corrections or additions? Thanks, tom.mc@shaw.ca
Attached Files
File Type: pdf boler_history _3_.pdf (39.8 KB, 21 views)
rova is offline   Reply With Quote