searching tips - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2011, 11:09 AM   #1

Name: Lynny
Trailer: currently shopping
Illinois
searching tips

Hello Everybody,
I am new to the fiberglass forums, Husband and I currently own a T@B with an indoor kitchen, but no bathroom. We actually love it, so light and tows so easily behind our nissan frontier v6, but think in a few years when we retire, we will need an indoor bathroom and a bit more storage space, we also like to camp in the cold weather. I am in love with molded fiberglass, but it seems there are few opportunities in the midwest for purchasing one, (any one!!) I thought maybe there were some tricks besides, e-bay, this forum, craigslist, etc. to find one that i could inspect before plunking down 5, 8, or 13,000. bucks!
I f anybody has ANY ideas besides just waiting for that perfect opportunity, please pass along some helpful hints!!! Can't wait to be the proud owner of a 16 or 17 footer, really also like the bigfoot, and would look in Michigan at an eggcamper, but no window in back, and slao all electric, so no power for boondocking!
Thanks for letting me vent a bit of frustration, happy camping to all of us!!!
Lynn in Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:53 PM   #2

Name: Jesse
Trailer: 1984 Scamp 13'
Maryland
Scamps are produced up in Minnesota, and many of them are bought and remain in that state. Use one of the tools like 'allofcraig' to search brains lost for the whole state of MN.

Also, you might want to consider a new one. You can take a tour of the Scamp factory up there. My wife and I were on the brink of purchasing a new Scamp when we stumbled across a used one that we couldn't pass up. We may end up selling it in a few years and buying a new one.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:04 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
In addition to what Jesse suggest, certainly keep an eye on the For Sale and Referral forums here on FiberglassRV. Additionally: Molded Fiberglass Trailers | Fiberglass RV's For Sale and The New Craigslist Lookup
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote