Software Conversion Next Week - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2010, 02:50 PM   #1
Administrator

Sorry for the late notice, I just realized we had not posted a head sup on the looming software conversion. On Monday we will be converting the forums here to vBulletin. This is going to be the foundation for many new features for the site which we feel will be exciting add-ons for the future. This means the site will be closed on Monday morning while we do the live conversion and open back up later in the day. Everything will be pretty much the same except the knobs and buttons will be in slightly different places. Its kind of like getting a new car and you have to get used to stuff being in a slightly different place.

I know it's going to feel weird at first but urge you to be patient and give yourself some time to get used to the new software. We will have to work together to educate each other on how to use the new software but I am sure it will be a benefit to the community in the long run.

Look for more information on Monday!

Regards,

Andy
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:56 PM   #2

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
BTT

Glad i read this before i got up monday morning...... can't wait to see the upgrade.
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:38 PM   #3

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Trillium Outback
Registry
You will love vBulletin once you get used to it. VB is scalable to handle tons of traffic, excellent admin control panel, has all the essential bells and whistles (if admin will allow them), and good security. I used to have a very small site using VB. Excellent support group also.
1998 K2500 Chevy Silverado 6.5 Turbo Diesel, 4X4, ext cab, short bed
Curtis F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:35 AM   #4
Administrator

Curtis,

Thanks for posting your thoughts on vBulletin. It's going to take some time for everyone to learn where the new "knobs" and "switches" are just like when you buy a new trailer but we are all smart folks here and will get the hang of it soon enough.

Andy
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote