9,611-mile maiden voyage - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2009, 11:53 PM   #21

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Jen, for the wonderful narrative and photos. We choose "unusual, fantastic, wonderful, creative" - your gals are indeed blessed to have a Mom with such an adventurous spirit. As others have said, this trip (and those to follow) are gifts of untold value which could never be replaced by material 'stuff'. Thanx for sharing, and keep on "learning and loving life" - Regards, L 'n D
p.s. and thanx for the new info on WiFi at Starbucks!
Old 03-11-2009, 01:00 AM   #22

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
L 'n' D,

As it sounds like you may use the Starbucks wi-fi, I'll try to recount how I got signed up. At least it will give you an idea where to start.

I never would have figured it out, but I was at a new Sbucks, and an employee there was eager to help me. It just so happened that I was on an "egg" shopping trip.

Let's see, I think I had to start by purchasing a Starbucks card (just basically cash that you store for use at Sbucks).

Then I went online and... somewhere... signed up for an AT&T wi-fi account (this stage is fuzzy, sorry).

Then I think I also had to sign up on Starbucks' site, making a log-in and password (or maybe this was before or instead of the last step), I then went over to the left-hand menu on the Sbucks site, and looked under something like "benefits" and found the way to link the AT&T account with an Sbucks name and password (gee, sorry this is so vague).

But now it's simple. I just keep a bit of money on the card, and use it every so often. When I go into Sbucks I just open my laptop and try to go to a website, and then the Starbucks/AT&T wi-fi page comes up. I type in my ID and password, and select "AT&T" wi-fi from a drop down box, and I'm in.

I think I've even gone over two hours a time or two and not been cut off. I usually buy something when I'm there, in repayment, but I have pulled into the parking lot a time or two just to check something like gasbuddy.com (but then again I've spent quite a bit in Sbucks at other times without going online).

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:34 AM   #23

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp (Egg Salad Annie)
Registry
Cool

Great Store , what a great adventure, wonderful to read as I watch the snow continue to fall here in Soggy Bottom oregon
Taylor Kissinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:03 PM   #24

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
I thoroughly enjoyed the reports and the photos. You're a great mom!
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:23 AM   #25

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Raya - the 'step-by-step' Starbucks process is appreciated. We use a Verizon AirCard of the laptop of DH. He's pretty good about sharing but I sometimes rely on some sort of hot-spot signal or WiFi offered by the RV park if that's where we stop. This is a good plan to have in reserve. Thanx again - LdB
Old 03-12-2009, 09:26 PM   #26

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
Hi Jen,

Thanks again. I checked out your blog. I will keep an eye on your travels as they are an inspiration. Yes, maybe someday we will meet on the road. :-) For now...still looking for a trailer, and sticking to camping when the weather permits.

Crystal
Crystal B is offline   Reply With Quote