A cavalcade of trip photos, Pennsylvania-Nevada-Pennsylvania - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #21

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
JenB.... interesting that you would comment about not knowing the type of crowds that would be in those small town campgrounds. Having grown up in the area, they would be: farmers, small business owners, young families, and the occasional motorcycle touring group (typically older folks with gray hair). While there might be a bad sort once in a while (usually loud music and beer), you shouldn't worry about these stops. This is true Americana!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #22

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
Kevin, to clarify I didn't mean to suggest worrying, but in my experience (on my scooter trips) with cheap campgrounds that allow very long-term RV camping, *sometimes* there is a certain quantity of meth flowing around a place if you know what I mean. It seems like a mileage-may-vary type of thing with lots of local variations that one can't really generalize about. So I was noting that I don't have any particular knowledge of the city park campgrounds in the area in question.
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #23

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thanks for posting your remarks and pictures about Alcova. We are driving up from Dinosaur National Monument onward to Devils Tower in June and we were looking for a place to stay midway. Thanks Again.
Rod P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #24

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Thanks for the trip report. You went to some pretty interesting places and your photos, especially of all the wild animals, are fabulous!
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #25

Name: Jack
Trailer: Scampless in Oregon
Oregon
Indeed, plus 1000 on the photos, as well as your commentary! Thanks for sharing.
jack smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #26

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
thanks for the kind words!

The chausie kitten we picked up and camped with is now 2 years old and a petite 30 pounds, lol. I was jut laughing about how many times we had to wash the bedding on that trip because he (at the time we thought he was a she) thought the fuzzy blanket on the burro's bed was a splendid place to take a whiz. My memory foam pad still has a yellow stain but luckily it doesn't stink any more.
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote