a new favorite - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2011, 02:26 PM   #1

Trailer: 2001 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
a new favorite

As some of you know, I prefer isolated camping spots. I’ve come across quite a few since I started with this lifestyle and now there is a new one on my favorites list. I came across this spot at the end of a double-track in Utah’s rim country. It took some time to get turned around in there and I had to break out my straw broom to cover most of my tire tracks in the sand (the old leave no trace). I have some more photos on my blog’s October entry. While out mountain biking or running during the two weeks I was there, the closest camper I saw was two miles back along the road. Not bad. I do like solitude. Well, back to camp.
Sebastian
Attached Thumbnails
rimcamp_12.jpg  

https://shalyard.blogspot.com
Sebastian H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:39 PM   #2

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
looks incredibly peaceful, sebastian. have you had any safety/security issues during your solitary camping adventures?
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:48 PM   #3

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Looks pretty good. I like those kinds of spots too! Out of curiosity, what elevation was that?

I'm betting the only safety/security issues have to do with the occasional roaming critter.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:54 PM   #4

Trailer: 2001 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Sorry for my slow response but I only have web access when go into a town for supplies. So far I haven’t had any safety/security problems. Maybe it’s just good karma. I try to camp off a spur road, out of sight of a main forest road; stealth camping. I need to be out in Nature so campgrounds don’t work for me. There are some little things I do about the issue. Don’t know if they are effective or not.

https://shalyard.blogspot.com
Sebastian H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:16 PM   #5

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
i am glad to hear you've not had any problems...i guess i was most worried about being isolated....and being vulnerable. however, since that has not been an issue, terrific!! and keep doing whatever you are doing to stay safe!!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:52 PM   #6

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Perhaps it has something to do with my gender (although I'm a measly 5'8" and no muscle to speak of), but I do not equate isolation with vulnerability. If no one else is around to see me camping, there's no one to do me harm either.

But even if they see me and in the unlikely off-chance they wish me harm, there's the .45 by the bed or the .32 in the pocket. Sometimes bear spray on the belt too. Why feel vulnerable unnecessarily? The right tool for the right job, that's all it takes. While caution is prudent, needless fear can rob us of some good experiences.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote