Name: Ed
Trailer: Escape 21
Colorado
And now itís Oregon

https://www.statesmanjournal.com/sto...us/2875993001/

Ed Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 01:42 PM   #2

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Colorado View Post
Just because a state closes state parks doesn't mean all camping is closed. Just state parks.

Old 03-19-2020, 05:29 PM   #3

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
Just because a state closes state parks doesn't mean all camping is closed. Just state parks.
While that's true, the idea is to stop people from traveling and instead to shelter-in-place. Don't use this to 'just go camping.' You'll need fuel and perhaps you'll go buy groceries you wouldn't normally buy, etc. IF you've been furloughed from you job, you can work remotely from anywhere or are retired... just do what you're supposed to do, please. WE are all in this together. IF we work together, we'll get through it faster than if we don't.

Be safe, be well.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 07:57 PM   #4

Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
While that's true, the idea is to stop people from traveling and instead to shelter-in-place. Don't use this to 'just go camping.' You'll need fuel and perhaps you'll go buy groceries you wouldn't normally buy, etc. IF you've been furloughed from you job, you can work remotely from anywhere or are retired... just do what you're supposed to do, please. WE are all in this together. IF we work together, we'll get through it faster than if we don't.

Be safe, be well.
You say all this and still hosting the Spring NOG????
Old 03-19-2020, 08:36 PM   #5

Name: Steve
Trailer: Currently Shopping
NW Wisconsin
The State of California is going into state wide lock down
Residents are to stay home and no unnecessary travel is allowed
Going camping is not exempt under the rules of the order !
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 08:46 PM   #6

Oregon
Quote:
IF you've read any of my posts you'd know I'm watching the park systems announcements and alerts. Mainly I'm trying to protect others assets. IF we cancel on our own, we lose the reservation fee. BUT if the county/park closes, we get all our money back. Do I expect the event to be cancelled? Probably, but it's also five weeks out. AND I have told everyone that I'd make the final decision (IF the park doesn't make it for us) by April 10.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:22 PM   #7

Name: Jon
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
Quote:

I feel like this comment is uncalled for. Just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
The State of California is going into state wide lock down
Residents are to stay home and no unnecessary travel is allowed
Going camping is not exempt under the rules of the order !

Lock down sounds harsh. Lock down isn't the same as a 'stay at home' order. We're still allowed to shop, still allowed to go to medical appointments, etc. Essential activities are still allowed.
JonRaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 09:45 PM   #8

NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonRaw View Post
I feel like this comment is uncalled for. Just my opinion.

Lock down sounds harsh. Lock down isn't the same as a 'stay at home' order. We're still allowed to shop, still allowed to go to medical appointments, etc. Essential activities are still allowed.
The word ď Lockdown ď was used in the headlines and the articles on this subject published by two different large national news services
The word ďlockdown ď was not of my choosing
Old 03-20-2020, 12:16 PM   #9

Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post

Be safe, be well.

I didn't say anything about the number of people gathering. I would suggest that before you start in on somebody making a simple statement that you know the full extent of State Mandated controls.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:55 PM   #10

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 SD
Washington
Registry
Quote:
I didn't say anything about the number of people gathering. I would suggest that before you start in on somebody making a simple statement that you know the full extent of State Mandated controls.
I would have to say that the "smart money" here is on Donna D. She has ram-rodded the Oregon NOG's for many years and is no stranger to problems that organizing an event such as a NOG can present. I also agree that, for right now, a wait and see approach is the most prudent course of action. If the Parks System shuts it down, we all get our money back. If we chicken out now, we will lose our money. Smart move Donna, you go girl!
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 01:14 PM   #11

Oregon
Thanks Greg. I AM trying to support others assets. Right now we have 33 days until the NOG. A lot can happen between now and then. I prefer a wait and see, others are free (at any time) to cancel their plans.

All I know, is if we do what we're told, RIGHT NOW. We'll get through this faster and sooner. Anyone who says "Just because a state closes state parks doesn't mean all camping is closed" sounds like that's encouraging camping... to me and that's the wrong course of action... currently.

Be safe, be well.
Old 03-20-2020, 01:19 PM   #12

NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casita Greg View Post
I would have to say that the "smart money" here is on Donna D. She has ram-rodded the Oregon NOG's for many years and is no stranger to problems that organizing an event such as a NOG can present. I also agree that, for right now, a wait and see approach is the most prudent course of action. If the Parks System shuts it down, we all get our money back. If we chicken out now, we will lose our money. Smart move Donna, you go girl!
Greg , I could not agree more !!
In all my years on this forum I have found Donna to be honest , kind and have an unparalleled sense of community.
I have no doubt that Donna will make the right , fair and wise decision in regards to the Oregon NOG .
Old 03-20-2020, 02:33 PM   #13

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
Agreed! Smart call to wait and see, get refunds if it's the state that cancels
ShelbyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:13 AM   #14

Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Colorado
A silver lining???

Well now, letís not be too hasty here. There are some upsides to campers ignoring the advisories and closures.

Due to their resulting, earlier than planned demise, it reduces the drain on the Social Security fund, Medicare and Medicaid services and payments, reduced public pension unfunded liabilities, and less pollution all around, just to name a few benefits.

Best of all, I am looking forward to an increase in the number of FG campers listed for sale by the representatives and widows at their estate sales, on Craigíslist, and on FG sales sites. With enough people like that, I expect there will soon be a bunch coming to market with prices getting softer, and the chance for others to upgrade on the cheap, the odds of which are looking pretty good. Itís called a buyerís market! I almost forgot what those looked like.

Also, anyone getting hints from their spouses that they should take a few days off by themselves in the boonies, while they also show a sudden interest in the details of the camperís features, should be a red flag. Thereís the chance a saleís listing could be ready and posted with just the click of a button shortly after the coroner informed them of the passing of their dearly beloved.

One downside is if the campers are sold ďAs is, Where isĒ. That probably means having to slog back into the boonies somewhere to find their freedom spot. Thatís if you are not put off buying a camper where the body probably laid for a few days before his good buddies found him, or the predators made a snack of him. But hey, there may still be some beer in the frig, so be sure to check that before pulling out.

Like they say, ďIf they donít know, you canít tell themĒ. So itís just a matter of positioning yourself to benefit from the stupidity that comes naturally to some people.
Scamper Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:29 AM   #15

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamper Jim View Post
Well now, letís not be too hasty here. There are some upsides to campers ignoring the advisories and closures.

Due to their resulting, earlier than planned demise, it reduces the drain on the Social Security fund, Medicare and Medicaid services and payments, reduced public pension unfunded liabilities, and less pollution all around, just to name a few benefits.

Best of all, I am looking forward to an increase in the number of FG campers listed for sale by the representatives and widows at their estate sales, on Craigíslist, and on FG sales sites. With enough people like that, I expect there will soon be a bunch coming to market with prices getting softer, and the chance for others to upgrade on the cheap, the odds of which are looking pretty good. Itís called a buyerís market! I almost forgot what those looked like.

Also, anyone getting hints from their spouses that they should take a few days off by themselves in the boonies, while they also show a sudden interest in the details of the camperís features, should be a red flag. Thereís the chance a saleís listing could be ready and posted with just the click of a button shortly after the coroner informed them of the passing of their dearly beloved.

One downside is if the campers are sold ďAs is, Where isĒ. That probably means having to slog back into the boonies somewhere to find their freedom spot. Thatís if you are not put off buying a camper where the body probably laid for a few days before his good buddies found him, or the predators made a snack of him. But hey, there may still be some beer in the frig, so be sure to check that before pulling out.

Like they say, ďIf they donít know, you canít tell themĒ. So itís just a matter of positioning yourself to benefit from the stupidity that comes naturally to some people.
This is a disgusting take on the effects of this pandemic. I am not saying more but I would implore the moderators to close this disgusting thread.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:45 AM   #16

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
This is a disgusting take on the effects of this pandemic. I am not saying more but I would implore the moderators to close this disgusting thread.
Iowa Dave
I took everything Jim wrote to be sarcastic. We need a sarcastic emojie so we know the writers intent. Hard to know when it's in text.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:05 AM   #17

Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Colorado
Absolutely correct, Donna.

I didn't think for a sec anyone would not to get that.
Scamper Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:48 AM   #18

NW Wisconsin
Some may question the intent and writing style of Scamper Jim’s post but there are several posts in this thread that I find far more offensive
Advocating that people ignore the common good to achieve their own selfish goals as some posters suggest is disheartening