BC camping - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2008, 10:08 PM   #1

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Dennis and I just returned from a trip to British Columbia where we picked up our new Bigfoot. On the way down we traveled through Manning Park (north sister of Cascades Park). We found a gem of a campsite on the way down. It is a provincial park campground named Mule Deer. When we arrived there was only one other couple there who had stopped for a late lunch. Later that day two other campers joined us but the campground was very quiet and small and the sites were awe inspiring. We camped next to a rushing mountain creek surrounded by pines and other mountain trees. We heard many birds and smelled great beauty. I would love to return there again. It is about 10 miles from Lightning Lake campground, a better known spot. Have any of you camped there before?
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:40 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I'm awaiting delivery of the new trailer, but I plan to drive right past Manning Park and head up 5A from Princeton to Merritt. Beautiful drive, with lake upon lake. Organized and unorganized campsites all along the route.

It's a two lane road through farmland. Nobody can complain too much if I'm not driving that fast.

None of the Manning sites have ever appealed to me, but my buddy said his family loved Lightening Lakes, as we cruised past last weekend, after spending two nights a a Ramada.

And no, we didn't catch any fish.

baglo
Old 06-23-2008, 12:49 PM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1982 16 ft
Registry
I've camped in several spots on Highway 3, including Manning Provincial Park. All were great spots, and I would do it again, but be prepared for the road. It is a narrow, 2-lane blacktop, with a lot of up&down sections with switchbacks at the bottom to come back up. This is one of the few roads I wished I had lots of extra pulling power!

Vic
Victor Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:33 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Registry
Thanks for the info Charlene - I haven't been there but usually alternate years between Oregon/Utah/British Columbia - so this will go into my trip file.

How are you liking that new camper??
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote