Blue Haven Campground, Ellenburg, New York - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-08-2010, 05:29 PM   #1

Name: Tina
Trailer: Bigfoot
Quebec
Thumbs up Blue Haven Campground, Ellenburg, New York

This past week we have had rapid weather changes here. First sunny and hot, then to rain and wind... sunny and windy to flash floods, heavy rain and wind... unbelieable the damage the rain and wind can cause. We first camped at Cumberland head State park and it went well, windy but we loved the beach side view and playing in the sand with the kids. (needs some extra TLC in the cleanliness of the bath houses) Then tuesday night was heavy rainfall and wind... the Boler was rocking and held well even with the awning low. We packed up Wednesday and headed to Blue Haven Campground (a more seasonal campground with a long list of activities for families, clean and friendly) We arrived after lunch... (40 mins from last campground) On our way in we noticed alot of trucks, tractors... police.. Within 5 miles of arrival we saw the brook... which looked more like a large rapid flowing river. Then a car upside down in the water... flooded properties... many trees down...

We were welcomed quickly with a change of site due to the roads being eroded to the point of being impassable for vehicles. The new site was fine, safe was the key word for that day. A cement deck and wooded back end with a grassy side as well. We Parked the Boler and I left my husband to level up as I took the kids for a walk. The roads were eroded and trailers on their sides, one in the brook.... a disaster zone to say the least. I felt sad for the seasonals who were trying to salvage their properties...... The crew of the campground was amazing.. they all worked so hard to complete the roads and put the trailers onto their spots again. electricity and sewage was hooked up in less than a day. Now they begin to start the clean up of the lake, decks, lawn chairs, swings...etc to be hauled out. I am so impressed with the quality of this campground and how well they took care of their seasonals and new campers.

5 stars for Blue Haven!!!!!!!!!

We leave in a few days, will be coming back soon! (sent to you as I sit and watch the rain and enjoy the WIFI connection here)
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:58 AM   #2

Quebec
Just a few great snaps of our Boler from this camping vacation.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2639.jpg   IMG_2641.jpg  

IMG_2583.jpg  
Old 08-13-2010, 05:46 PM   #3

Quebec
Due to having enjoyed this place so much we decided to buy a seasonal and sell our 17ft Boler (1980) please see the for sale section of this forum for further info. Bitter sweet... Will look into getting a 13ft fiberglass rv next summer.