Bodega Bay, Doran Regional Park, Sonoma County, CA - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2018, 11:00 PM   #1

Name: Desmond
Trailer: Escape
CA
Bodega Bay, Doran Regional Park, Sonoma County, CA

Spent a couple days at Doran. Beautiful but windy. Had to get up early to fly the drone off Bodega Head. Great small towns, good chowder,and awesome camping!

Sherm2954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:31 AM   #2

Name: mark
Trailer: ,Retro by Riverside RV
California
Sherm, thanks for the tour. We live 45 min from Bodega and have never seen the coast from your droids perspective. The Sonoma coast is rugged and beautiful, and yes, at times quite windy. Doran is an interesting camp ground, some may say unique.

Glad you enjoyed your visit to our "neighborhood"

Mark
Old 05-09-2018, 09:45 AM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Bodega Bay

Did you actually MAKE this video , Desmond ? Very professional ! Maybe you should go to to fiberglas gatherings and teach others to do some of these techniques . Start with the Oregon Gathering in JUly ! David in Sonora and Fresno.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:25 AM   #4

CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Evenson View Post
Sherm, thanks for the tour. We live 45 min from Bodega and have never seen the coast from your droids perspective. The Sonoma coast is rugged and beautiful, and yes, at times quite windy. Doran is an interesting camp ground, some may say unique.

Glad you enjoyed your visit to our "neighborhood"

Mark
This was our first visit. It is really beautiful. Doran is definitely a unique campground. After years of tent camping my wife and I were thrilled to be snug in our Escape while the wind howled. And boy, did it ever howl! I shot the off-shore video at about 7 a.m. after a quick cup of coffee. I needed to get up to Bodega head before the wind started!
Take care.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:27 AM   #5

CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
Did you actually MAKE this video , Desmond ? Very professional ! Maybe you should go to to fiberglas gatherings and teach others to do some of these techniques . Start with the Oregon Gathering in JUly ! David in Sonora and Fresno.
Yes indeed! I'll be at Bullards Beach (oregon/July) if that's what you're talking about. I'm trying hard to get better, but most of the credit goes to the equipment! Thanks for watching.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:27 PM   #6
M_C

Name: Mike
Trailer: Scamp
California
I spent last night at Doran, definitely windy. Great place to spend a few days.
M_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 01:56 PM   #7

Name: Bill
Tennessee
I'm just being picky, but the town of Bodega, where Hitchcock filmed, is different from the town of Bodega Bay, the one on the water.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:09 PM   #8

CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwdornbush View Post
I'm just being picky, but the town of Bodega, where Hitchcock filmed, is different from the town of Bodega Bay, the one on the water.
You are absolutely correct - my wife pointed it out first!
I will take my lumps - I just didn't want to delete the video, then go through the whole re-upload process....

Please forgive me!
Old 05-14-2018, 08:03 AM   #9

Name: Michael
Trailer: Casita 16ft.
California
We spent pretty much the entire last week on the NW California coast from San Francisco to Point Reyes, through Bodega Bay and up into Mendocino. It was windy the entire time. This many days of wind in a row is a little usual.

I liked you video and by the way, Bodega is close enough to Bodega Bay to count in my books. Hitchcock's storyline is sited to be Bodega Bay. However the old school that most people think of when they remember the movie (could it be because of the movie trailer?) is in the town of Bodega which is no more than five miles distance.
Nor Cal Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:24 AM   #10

CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Mike View Post
We spent pretty much the entire last week on the NW California coast from San Francisco to Point Reyes, through Bodega Bay and up into Mendocino. It was windy the entire time. This many days of wind in a row is a little usual.

I liked you video and by the way, Bodega is close enough to Bodega Bay to count in my books. Hitchcock's storyline is sited to be Bodega Bay. However the old school that most people think of when they remember the movie (could it be because of the movie trailer?) is in the town of Bodega which is no more than five miles distance.
The wind was relentless when we were there. On the plus side, it's a great place if you sell kites. It's a really cool place to hike and visit.

I'd change the caption to fix the Bodega/Bodega Bay error, but that would entail more effort than I'm willing to commit!
Old 05-14-2018, 09:34 AM   #11

Name: Michael
Trailer: Casita 16ft.
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherm2954 View Post
The wind was relentless when we were there. On the plus side, it's a great place if you sell kites. It's a really cool place to hike and visit.
Being out there on that spit, I am sure you were fully exposed to the wind. We tent camped in Van Damme State Park near Mendocino on Wednesday & Thursday. We were in the trees so were somewhat protected from the wind but the wind overhead still made the temps pretty brisk in the evenings.
Nor Cal Mike is offline   Reply With Quote