Branson, MO - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Branson, MO

Took the EggCamper out for my 2nd trip. The 1st trip was electric hook-up only. I wanted to do a full hook-up as a shake down/learning trip as I get ready for an extended trip. Drove to Branson, MO. I live about 155 miles from there and have been many, many times. Stayed in a small RV park located on the west edge of town. It is surrounded by trees and was very, very quiet.

On the drive down and most of Saturday it showered. That was fine as we desperately needed the rain here. Sunday and Monday were hot and humid. Everything went pretty well and I learned a few things. We had a nice Labor Day weekend in Branson.

Posting a few pictures of my trailer site. One of them is the view out my trailer door. It includes the one-eyed bear. Apparently a tree died and had to be cut down and someone decided to carve a bear head. One of the eyes has disappeared.
Attached Thumbnails
Branson, MO 083.jpg   Branson, MO 079.jpg  

Branson, MO 071.jpg  
Ms. Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #2

Name: Jill
Trailer: Eggcamper
Minnesota AND Florida
Registry
Nice egg! I have a 2010 Eggcamper too. We will be camping the last week in September in Missouri in the Lake of the Ozarks area. Ours is new to us too as we have only been out in it one time so far and only did the electric hook-up like you did. Our next trip will be the full deal. We did discover that we had some broken parts in the sewer line area so we have been replacing parts and getting everything ready. After we leave Missouri we are heading to Florida for en extended trip. Got the campground picked out and paid for the month of October, then we will improvise after that. Did you discover any surprises on this trip or think of things you wish you had that you didn't have?
MinnesotaJill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:58 AM   #3

Jill,

I am a total newbie so I am still trying to get organized and a routine down to the whole process. I used the shower and water was coming out all around the faucet fixture so my Dad and I will be looking into that.

The one big lesson I learned this trip is to not only think about if you can get into a RV site but can you get out of it. The Ozarks are are all hills and the RV park was located on a hill with terraced RV sites. The sites were pretty level and my site was a pull-thru site. All good right?

Well it was until I hooked up and went to leave. To pull out, you had to make an immediate left turn, pull up a significant incline on loose gravel.

Well....my 2 wheel drive, front wheel drive, V-6 SUV could not do anything but spin the wheels in the very loose gravel. By that time I was already in the turn and the site was too narrow to get it backed up to back out of the site. A very nice gentleman in another site came to our rescue.

We unhitched from the SUV, he hitched his 4 wheel drive large truck and pulled the EggCamper up the hill for me. Big lesson learned!
Old 09-05-2012, 06:20 AM   #4

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
very cool, thinking about a trip to branson in the spring. theres a nice folk music shop there that sells dulcimers i want to visit.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #5

Name: Imogene
Trailer: 2013 Casita
Missouri
Gayle, sounds like your trip to Branson was educational.....after living in the Ozarks for the past 13+ years, I have about decided the concept of flat is is non-existant. I have some bottom land on my farm and it even slopes. Everything goes up and down and over and around. And we do love our gravel and chat which washes away after every heavy rain. Liked your rig.
Imo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #6

Name: Imogene
Trailer: 2013 Casita
Missouri
John, if you make it to Branson head on down to Mt. View, Arkansas...there is a shop there that makes dulcimers. During late spring, summer, and early fall there is a lot of pickin and grinnin that takes place on the lawn in front of the courthouse. The Ozark Folk Museum usually has blue grass players during the day. West Plains, Mo., hosts a Ozark Heritage week-end with blue-grass, country, and country gosipil around the 2nd or 3rd week-end in June.....the music is all over the town day and evening.
Imo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:11 AM   #7

Name: Stephanie
Trailer: 1989 13 ft Scamp
Kansas
Another Midwesterner!! We live north of Ft. Leavenworth in the middle of a hill so I love flat camping. Always feel like one leg's shorter than the other otherwise. We just got back from a week in Eureka Springs and surrounding area. Camped along the White River behind Beaver Lake's damn-nice quiet sites. For former tent campers, it's taken some getting used to having someone else so close but we've met lots of nice people. Not crazy about all the dogs that seem to follow RV owners, but they were quiet at this camping area. Even found some dead relatives in Gravette!
Still hitting sales for melmac dishes and anything to retro fit our 1989 13' Scamp. this is a fun new hobby!!
StephinKickapoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Gayle View Post
We unhitched from the SUV, he hitched his 4 wheel drive large truck and pulled the EggCamper up the hill for me. Big lesson learned!
Isn't it nice when folks help other folks!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #9

Trailer: 1970 (Circa) Compact Jr and 1993 Casita
branson Mo

Looks like you might have been at Musicland Kampground, just behind the Titanic.
Am I right?
We stay there when in Branson-love all the trees there.
Just got home about an hour ago from Branson. 6 of us older 'young' ladies go each year. Hubbies stay home and enjoy some quiet time.
The place was busy but did see some more empty stores and still some damaged areas from the tornado. The big Branson Outlet Mall has closed-Tanger is still open.
Branson is still a great place.
Mrs. Rich
Ricky 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #10

It was actually Branson Shenanigans RV Park. It is just off Green Mountain Drive.
I enjoyed the park until I had my issue when trying to leave. I always enjoy Branson....businesses are always coming and going as the economy changes. The Red Roof Mall had become more and more empty until the company leasing the property from the city of Branson chose to discontinue the lease.
Ms. Gayle 2012-IA,MO,NE,WY,MT,UT,NM,AZ,TX/2013-AR,LA,AL, FL,GA,SC,NC,TN,KY,KS,CO/2014-IL,MO,MN,MI,WI IA/2015-SD,IA,MO,OK,TX/2016-AR,MS,FL,MO,IN,VA,NC,TN/2017-KS,CO,UT,AR,MS,FL/2018-IL,IN,SD,MN,Canada,IA, OK,TX,NM/2019-OK,TX,AR,NE,SD/2020-AR
Old 11-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #11

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Branson is special. We particularly like the College of the Ozarks, great place for lunch where the students raise much of the food, beautiful campus and good campus museum.

As well the area has a number of class one springs that are the headwaters of rivers.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote