Camping and storing in Mexico - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-19-2012, 06:46 PM   #1

Name: Charlie
Trailer: looking
Washington
Camping and storing in Mexico

Does anyone still take their trailers down into Mexico? Or is it just considered to dangerous? Are there any yards down on Baja or the West Coast where a person could safely store a trailer over a summer?
Thanks for any input.
Charlie
nzattu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:15 PM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Yup lots of people do - in fact I sat about 5 miles off the border in November trying to decide if I should or should not cross - only thing stopping me was a time issue. Had camped with a couple a few night prior that where just returning and they almost had me convinced to forget my Arizona and California plans and just go to Mexico..... plan to do it one of these days. I actually know someone down there right now..... cringe with envy with every photo they post!!! As far as dangerous goes I figure you have about as good (in some cases higher) a chance of being robbed or murdered in most big cities in NA as you do in Mexico. Cant help you on the storage problem but I would suspect you are probable better off to put it in a storage facility in Southern Cal than leave it in Mexico.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #3

Trailer: Cardinal (Restoring)
We spent many summers going down below Tijuana with motorhome/or car. From about 1996 to 2001. Had two incidents with my Blazer. Also made many day trips in TJ.
My son is a U.S. Border Patrol agent stationed east of San Diego and strongly advised NOT to go south any longer. If you have a problem in the U.S. it can be taken care of, in Mexico you have no support. They will put you in jail for jaywalking and it will take many thousands of dollars to get you released and it wont be a quick process. DONT GO TO MEXICO......STAY SAFE IN THE U.S. AND KEEP OUR DOLLARS HERE.....
RRIZZO is offline   Reply With Quote