Camping in the wet (Raser, NW Washington) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-29-2015, 01:59 PM   #1

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Camping in the wet (Raser, NW Washington)

I've been here since Tuesday and not seen another fiberglass RV (not even a camper) which is unusual. But there are a lot of no-shows for camping this weekend. Now we are getting torrential rains and I'd be happy to pack up and leave but Whidbey is getting high winds and no way do I want to tow a trailer through that, especially not across Deception Pass bridge. So I'm staying put.

Unfortunately the rains are not reaching the fires east of the passes but they should be helping with the few on the west side.

So far we still have power and no wind here.

For future reference- Raser is a lovely, forested park on the west side of highway 20 in the North Cascade foothills. Lots of easy hiking trails including down to the Skagit River. Beautiful group sites (we aren't in one, alas, as they have great covered shelters).
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:52 PM   #2

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Bobbie, you were smart to stay put. We just got back from a week long trip to the Olympic Peninsula and the winds were crazy on Sat. with lots of road blockages, power outages and campground closures. The Coupeville to Port Townsend ferry run was suspended for a time. We're glad to be home safe and sound. Learned from our neighbor that here at home the power was out for 18 hours. It was an unusually severe rain and wind storm for this time of the year. And yes, Raser is a lovely state park!
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote