Campout, no rally - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2007, 08:34 PM   #1

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Unless you want to organize it in, oh.. 2 days

Will be at my first trip this year at Heartbar campground on hiway 38, 20 miles outside of Big Bear California.

Any So. Cal folks looking for a quick trip in what will most likely be a VERY empty but outstandingly lovely Forest Service camprground this weekend, please join!

The next weekend is a holiday. I have found that weekends just prior to a holiday weekend find the camprground with me, and the hosts LOL! Everyone waits until the 3 day.

If anyone wants directions, I'll post.

Not formal.. I am just going to be there relaxing.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:39 AM   #2

Registry
Leaving tonite!

Look for the big white marshmallow and the little red Jeep. During the day, I may be out exploring the forest service roads around there that I could not with the Element... There is a homesteaders Cabin up the road a bit that took me an hour and lots of sweating to get to with the E.. with the Jeep, it'll be less time crawling and more time exploring!
Old 05-18-2007, 10:49 PM   #3

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Gina,
We are still trying to arrange for the time to come and visit while you are @ Heartbar. A birthday celeb dinner, the Yucaipa Iris Festival, and an early Sunday dinner w/ our daughter and her family, plus church on Sunday morning make for a rather full week-end!
It'll all work out... or it won't, we'll ! If we miss you, please soak up our share of relaxation

Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 06:36 PM   #4

Registry
Kurt, I did take up your share!

It was HOT, but quiet and relaxing. I AM (Left the trailer there again for a spot next weekend) in the spot you were in last time, and I managed to take a good long nap under my awning yesterday, in the afternoon.

MY usual spot was taken, but thats OK, a little change is nice, it's a good spot. Sharon was happy that I left the trailer. She has what she calls her "Quiet" zone, and it's from the spot I am currently in all the way down to where Fred was. Pretty much guaranteed that next weekend will be silent in "the zone" as there are a few motor homes where I usually am, and she knows those folks too. They are staying all week.

I was suprised it was as full as it was when I showed up friday nite. They had the unreserved loop closed, so everyone was packed into the Aspen Loop, and the other two reserved areas. weird. It was opening weekend, so they scaled it down so they could get more work done.

I was not the only glass there. There was a week old 21 foot Bigfoot there. IT sure was purdy!

There was somewhat of a disaster, but it was work aroundable. They had a major leak *somewhere* in the water lines, and they had very little water to go around. I filled my tank while it was still running, but they had to shut it down to find where it was. No shower, but I managed to get washcloth clean in the bathroom without worrying about splashing everywhere. (I LOVE that bathroom)

Come on up next weekend! The unreserved loop will be open! I am sure you may be able to get a spot in Aspen if you show on friday morning as well.