Changes may be coming to the Oregon State Park System - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2009, 07:37 PM   #1

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Interesting. I'm wondering if there might be a boomarang affect with people waiting to make reservations? Read the article here:
Campers may soon have to pay entire reservation fee up front
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:50 PM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
OPRD is proposing the full fee payment to counteract an overbooking problem. "Some people reserve sites for the maximum 14 days that you're allowed to rent the same site," said OPRD Recreation Programs Manager Richard Walkoski. "When their arrival date at the park gets closer, they cancel all but the final dates of the 14-day period that they intended to camp."

[b]The overbooking tactic can give its practitioners a 12-day head start over customers who try, nine months in advance, to reserve a site for only the dates they intend to use it. An Oregon state park campsite cannot be reserved more than nine months before an arrival date.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:43 AM   #3

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
We pay full reservations up here in Wash.. they use to let you pay part then pay the rest when you arrived... there is a $6 registration fee then the site fees for the # of nites you are staying.... $6 is non refundable.. I always charge my reservations.. if I leave early I do get that nites fee back....
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #4

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
As I am headed to Wallowa State Park in Oregon, with a plan right now to stay May 31 to June 3. Our plan right now is to stay the 5 nights there, but things could change. If I was to reserve, then have to cancel a night or two and the beginning or end for some reason, would they refund my money if I paid in full? I do realize this is not in effect yet, but it has been 14 years since I last camped at an Oregon State Park, and then we just did the drive up registration, only having to spend one night in an overflow are.

I may just give them a call later.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:52 AM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I may just give them a call later.
That's probably best, who knows what's going to happen in the future with cancellations. Right now, this is the policy: CANCELLING A RESERVATION
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:31 AM   #6

Trailer: Boler 1300 1977 (#2033 L EGGO)
Hi,

Ontario's excellent Provincial Park system suffered through all these reservation schemes, i.e. booking several weekends then using only one. But, after frustrating periods of trial and error now have abuse prevention down to a fine art.

Choose your site a maximum of 5 months in advance. Full payment due on booking. Percentage of refund given for cancellation varies with time left before arrival.

Check out the details at www.OntarioParks.com.

Des & Diane
Des Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote