Delaware Seashore State Park - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2015, 06:19 PM   #1

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Delaware Seashore State Park

We just got back a couple hours ago, and I have stuff to do, but a quick report.

We arrived Monday right at check-in time, 11 a.m. Unfortunately, we started at the North Inlet, the wrong campsite. So off we went over the big beautiful bridge to the South Inlet. As it turned out, I reserved a great site. Anyways, we had pre-registered, so no hassles at all there. Very friendly staff at check-in.

Soon as we pulled in, a couple fellows had followed us over from the North Inlet camp site to look at the Parkliner. They had a Casita. We chatted a bit, and then they left and we set camp up. They were leaving the next morning, so we never got a chance to see their camper.

We were on the north side of the campground, closest to the inlet, as well as the camp store, but a hike from restrooms. Rest rooms were okay and great, depending on what you needed. The showers closest to the check-in site were the best. Constant on water, and a range of temperatures from very hot to cold. The other one close ton us was the push button type shower, never very warm, and a pain.

It's an easy walk over to the seashore, easier bike rid, or just jump in the car and go. Long as you're staying at the campground, entry is free. The ocean was very active while we were there, somewhat unusual from what more experienced campers told us. After the first day, Gail wouldn't go back in. Me, I threw caution to the wind, and spent considerable time in the water.

It's a great place for bike riding and kayaking in the inland waters. There are kayak launch sites just north and south of the campgrounds.

The last day we were there a Casita pulled in, but the day degraded quickly and when I did go over, no one was around. When I say degraded, I mean it. We go deluged with water around noon Thursday and Saturday to the point most of the campground was either flooded, or you had to go through flooded areas to get to restrooms or about anywhere. Turns out I got a great site - we did not get flooded at our site. Others did to the point they were stepping in water over their ankles getting out of their campers. We happened to be in Bethany Beach Thursday when it happened and Rehoboth Beach Saturday when it happened. It was so sever lots of folks pulled over till it let up. Heavy duty rain!

On the way home earlier today, saw a Burro going south, but that was about it for eggs.

More later and pics as well.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:00 AM   #2

Name: Elly
Trailer: (Former) Casita 17 SD
Florida
We are headed there - south side. What site did you have? I'm looking forward to a week at the beach - hopefully with sunshine��
Elly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:07 AM   #3

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by global2edg View Post
We are headed there - south side. What site did you have? I'm looking forward to a week at the beach - hopefully with sunshine��
We had 352, one of the dry sites in the two deluges we experienced. I'm not sure of the numbers for the row we were in, but it was not long, maybe 6 sites, and we were about in the middle. They were closest to the inlet on the west & north side of the south campground. We'd go back in a minute, as we very much enjoyed it and the campground facilities in general.

We had more sun than we wanted most of the time we were there.

Good luck!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 09-14-2015, 09:09 AM   #4

Florida
Can't wait to get there!! One of my favorite sayings: A rainy day at the beach is better than a sunny day landlocked.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2015, 09:13 AM   #5

New York
Quote:
Can't wait to get there!! One of my favorite sayings: A rainy day at the beach is better than a sunny day landlocked.

I agree Eileen! And a bad day camping beats any day at work!

Rainy days at this campground can be softened by the small coastal villages nearby, their boardwalks and main street shops. A few places we like in Rehoboth Beach are Crabby Dick's, the Purple Parrot and Nicola's Pizza, home of the world famous Nic-o-boli!

Enjoy!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 09-14-2015, 12:01 PM   #6
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Years ago after spending a night at Assateague Seashore we took the coast highway north. The Delaware Seashore was a very pleasant break from the developed beachs. Unfortunately dogs were not welcome so we couldn't stay the night. Did you take the Cape May ferry? That's an enjoyable ride but as I recall pricey. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:04 PM   #7

New York
Raz, we've done the Cape May ferry a number of times in the past. This time around we spent mostly at the beach!

We like this area because it is relatively undeveloped compared to Ocean City. Small boardwalks.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 09-14-2015, 12:10 PM   #8

Florida
Raz.
Love the Cape May Ferry. I've never taken our trailer on it, but have used it many times. My preferred way of getting to upstate NY is to take ferry to Garden State, to NY. I'll do anything to not have to be on 95. While on the ferry, lots of animal and bird sightings possible.

Old 09-14-2015, 01:02 PM   #9
Raz

Quote:
Raz.
Love the Cape May Ferry. I've never taken our trailer on it, but have used it many times. My preferred way of getting to upstate NY is to take ferry to Garden State, to NY. I'll do anything to not have to be on 95. While on the ferry, lots of animal and bird sightings possible.

Be aware that if you are pulling a trailer there is a rather expensive truck/trailer only toll north bound on the NY thruway shortly after get on from the GS. You can take route 17 to avoid it. Raz
Old 09-14-2015, 01:08 PM   #10
Raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post

We like this area because it is relatively undeveloped compared to Ocean City. Small boardwalks.

Frank
Rehoboth Beach is often listed as a great place to retire.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:26 AM   #11

New York
A few pics before I head off to work!

Thanks to Walter for these water hookup ideas!

The Casita we saw pull in...

2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 09-15-2015, 03:29 PM   #12

Florida
Just arrived at Delaware Seashore Park. I'm lovin' it!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
1442352507664.jpg  
Old 09-15-2015, 03:52 PM   #13
Raz

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. Raz
Old 09-17-2015, 08:38 AM   #14

New York
Quote:
Just arrived at Delaware Seashore Park. I'm lovin' it!
Good for you Eileen! What site did you get? North or south side of the inlet? How's the weather?

A few of the restaurants we visited that we would recommend: Crabby Dick's, Purple Parrot and Nicola's Pizza.

Enjoy!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 09-17-2015, 09:58 AM   #15

Florida
We our in Southside and the weather is amazing. Warm sunny days, cool nights. Ocean water warm. About to be joined by lots of motorcycles - big Delmarva rally this weekend.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Old 09-17-2015, 10:18 AM   #16

New York
Great! Enjoy!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006