disperse camping photos - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2007, 05:04 PM   #21

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
One of my favorite spots to get away is in Sequoia National Monument at Parker Meadow. The Trail of 100 Giants sequoia grove is just a few miles away. The dirt road going back to the camp is not marked off the main dirt road and hard to find if not looking. It's one of many fire safe areas that are listed on a free fire safe camping areas map available from the Sequoia Forest ranger stations. Elevation is 6,000ft so it's subject to snow this time of year.

Looks like a neat place.

I'm not sure I know what "fire safe" means. Care to explain?
Old 11-10-2007, 07:40 PM   #22

Trailer: Hunter Compact II
Quote:
Looks like a neat place.

I'm not sure I know what "fire safe" means. Care to explain?
When the fire danger is high the forest service puts in effect fire restrictions, no campfires outside of developed campgrounds or designated "fire safe" areas. Usually in a dry year it starts around April-May and ends around November or when enough rain has fallen. These areas are posted with signs showing the boundary where it is safe to build a fire. Campfire permits are also required along with a shovel and water to put the fire out. Fire safe areas are usually disperse camping areas with no facilities. Only gas stoves may be used outside of the fire safe areas or campgrounds during fire restrictions. Alway best to check with the ranger station to find out what restrictions apply before camping.
Mike Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 01:21 PM   #23

Trailer: 73 Trillium
Here is a spot along the shore of Lake Superior. You fall asleep to the sound of the Lake Superior waves.
Attached Thumbnails
out_the_door_of_trailer.JPG   trill_from_superior.JPG  

Dave N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 02:24 PM   #24

Registry
Quote:
When the fire danger is high the forest service puts in effect fire restrictions, no campfires outside of developed campgrounds or designated "fire safe" areas. Usually in a dry year it starts around April-May and ends around November or when enough rain has fallen. These areas are posted with signs showing the boundary where it is safe to build a fire. Campfire permits are also required along with a shovel and water to put the fire out. Fire safe areas are usually disperse camping areas with no facilities. Only gas stoves may be used outside of the fire safe areas or campgrounds during fire restrictions. Alway best to check with the ranger station to find out what restrictions apply before camping.

As yes, CALFIRE.

Thanks for the reply, I did a quick check on-line check of southern CA National Forests. Sure makes me feel good about living a bit farther north.

Old 11-19-2007, 12:09 PM   #25

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983 and 1972 Compact Jr (project)
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

Just returned last nite from "the last campoit of the year" (at least, I think so....) We went on a late deer hunt in Northern WA. No snow, durn it... Just a lot of rain-- Larry
Attached Thumbnails
SANY0235.JPG   SANY0231.JPG  

Larry&Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:35 PM   #26

Registry
Quote:
Just returned last nite from "the last campoit of the year" (at least, I think so....) We went on a late deer hunt in Northern WA. No snow, durn it... Just a lot of rain-- Larry
Looks like one cold Carrie..
Old 11-19-2007, 03:16 PM   #27

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983 and 1972 Compact Jr (project)
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

Quote:
Looks like one cold Carrie..
It really wasn't too bad-- around 50 degrees that day... You can be sure if it was colder, she would have been inside befriendling Mr Heater...... Larry
Larry&Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote