Elkmont GSMNP - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2013, 09:37 AM   #1

Name: Clif
Trailer: 08 Weiscraft Little Joe 14 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT
Louisiana
Registry
Elkmont GSMNP

Anyone going to be in Elkmont Campground the week of June 2, next week?

Clif
The Minimalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:41 AM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
The one in La. or Tn.?
oops missed. GSMNP
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:07 AM   #3

Louisiana
Registry
GSMNP, TN. I wasn't aware of an Elkmont Campground in Louisiana. Inquiring minds need to know.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:27 PM   #4

Louisiana
Registry
Well, we'll be up in Section N, below Dolly Parton's kinfolk. You'll know the Little Joe when you see it.
Clif
Old 06-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #5

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
Wish we were going to be there because I'd like to see a Little Joe someday. We actually just got back from New Orleans and Pensacola, now it's back to work again. :-(
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #6

Louisiana
Registry
Just got back this afternoon. Great trip. Good hikes. Sure it rained, but that's typical for this time of year. It's a rain forest after all, but we go prepared for it. Already looking forward to next year.

There were a bunch of small classic trailers the last half of this week. Scotty's, Nomad's and such. Only one fiberglass unit an 87 U-Haul. We got the prize for the smallest trailer with the Little Joe. Well not really. There was a tear drop up in section A.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:46 PM   #7

Name: Bill
Trailer: 1981 Burro 13'
North Carolina
L'il Joe

Cliff and Laura,

It was great meeting the two of you last week at Elkmont. I was the Marine in the battleship gray 1980 Burro 13'. I appreciate your graciousness in showing me your "Joe" and talking to me in detail about solar panels and the like. I have purchased a 7W amorphous (your suggestion) solar panel to help charge the deep cell marine battery. I hope to see you again on the road somewhere and share a libation over deep and informative discussions about "fiberglass".

That teardrop doesn't count. It's not fiberglass. Cute though it was. Your "Joe" is the smallest fiberglass camper I've ever seen and the number of things you have crammed into it is spectacular. I've been studying pics others have posted to get great ideas for stocking mine.

Have a great summer and if you are around Orange Beach, AL on June 15th, let me know so we can get together. I'll only be there one night on this trip. Maybe for a few more days in mid-Sept.

OH! BTW, I slowed down to 60 mph as you suggested and saved a full tank of gas on the way home. Didn't notice the time differential or the other cars flying by me. Maybe I'm learning to chill. LOL

See you soon, I hope.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:46 AM   #8

Trailer: 17 ft 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Cliff & Laura
The trip to Elkmont is always to short. I enjoyed our visits and look forward to October. I plan to watch the "bugs" again next year.
Jim
Jim Meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 05:55 PM   #9

Louisiana
Registry
Bill,

I was great visiting with you as well. We were happy to show you the "Joe". We had 20 plus folks stop by to ask about it. Folks just can't believe we camp in a trailer that small, until they look or go inside.

I hope you meant 70 watts on you post regarding the amorphous solar. 70 watts under perfect skies will get you about 3 to 3.5 amps I'm guessing. In 8 hours that would be 24 or better amp hours put back in the battery. With LED lights that would likely be plenty. With our setup we were getting about 16 amp hours stored in the 4 hours of strong daylight we were getting at that site, which was plenty for our usage.

Sorry we missed Orange Beach. We were on our way home on June 15.

Jim:

It was great meeting you and visiting. You may see us up there in October as well.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:29 PM   #10

Name: Bill
Trailer: 1981 Burro 13'
North Carolina
Clif,

Let me know when and where you will be in October and we'll try to make it. I'll be in OB again in mid-September if it's not too far, I'm buying at the Flora-Bama.