Ever go to Cook Forest In PA? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-25-2011, 06:17 PM   #1

Trailer: U-Haul 13 ft 1985
Registry
Ever go to Cook Forest In PA?

I will be there with my '84 U Haul Oct 10 - 14th and would LOVE to see some other fiberglass eggs arrive. Needless to say it is beautiful area, river trails, many attractions. Reservations in PA state parks can be made thru "www.visitPAparks.com", I will be in the pet loop, but lets face it these beautiful little numbers attract attention and are easy to spot. The name of the camp ground is Ridge Camp. Hope to see someone there. Jan & the dogs..maybe even the Big Dog if I can convince him the camper is better than a hotel!!!
J.S.Lahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:33 PM   #2

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
I love that area. If the weather looks good for that weekend I'm hoping to be up around Benezette looking for the elk and am hoping that the nearby state park campground doesn't book up too quickly.
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:51 PM   #3

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
I used to have family in Brookville, fondly remember going to Dan Smith's for candy and ice cream. There used to be a drive in on Rt. 322, not far from my grandfather's farm. Probably long gone by now.

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:59 PM   #4

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen b View Post
i love that area. If the weather looks good for that weekend i'm hoping to be up around benezette looking for the elk and am hoping that the nearby state park campground doesn't book up too quickly.
hi, what "nearby state park" camp ground are you talking about? Jan
Old 10-04-2011, 06:11 PM   #5

Registry
back to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallo View Post
I used to have family in Brookville, fondly remember going to Dan Smith's for candy and ice cream. There used to be a drive in on Rt. 322, not far from my grandfather's farm. Probably long gone by now.

I remember Dan Smiths too! Don't know of the current status of the drive in however. I always have gone to a little store by the bridge in Cook Forest called McBeths, used to be a restaurant, now just store but still smells the same. I get maple candy! Will take some home for grandsons and us big kids. Really looking forward to being in that forest, really nice trails, etc. Have a successful elk lookig trip, that is on my list too. jan