First trip with the egg - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2008, 04:04 PM   #1

Trailer: 76 Boler 13 ft
<span style="color:#008000">Porteau Cove</span>, BC

Overall, a very successful first outing. Didn't end up getting the furnace to work before heading out, but luckily had a small backup electric heater to use during the late night/early morning. Morning/evening temps were hovering around 3deg celcius with daytime highs of 14deg +. Can't complain for this time of the year.

Also, for some reason I thought the battery was hooked up to the 7pin wiring so that while driving, the truck would charge the Boler's battery. Unfortunately I don't think that is the case as the battery was quite drained with very little use over the 2 nights we were gone. I'll have to look into this further to see how easy/difficult it may be to hook it up this way. Worse case I'll just hook up the battery battery couple days before an outing.

Set up the awning for the first time. Super simple and easy. We didn't really need it, but a nice addition for when the weather turns.

There was definitely some condensation present in the morning even with the vents slightly open. I have heard this to be somewhat of an issue with these small eggs.

Pulling it with a 3.4L V6 was not much of a problem at all with a 10gallons and gear inside. Definitely didn't use all the water in the tank. Probably could get away with half that for a weekend. Fuel miliage didn't seem to really drop that much regardless. Nice to know, although speeds were keep between 70-100kph.

The one thing I noticed with pulling these trailers is that they seem to bounce abit on bumpy roads because there is no suspension underneath. I had to be very careful at spots due to uneven pavements as there were construction in progress. I'm not sure how much stress is put on these trailers overtime due to the 'flexing' of the shells while pulling.

Anyways, looking forward to many enjoyable fall, winter, spring and summer outings to come.
<span style="color:#ff0000">
Pics</span>
khoa l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:52 PM   #2

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1979
Looks like a fun trip. nice little camper too. I have been playing around inside my Burro again and you pictures give me more incentive to hook it up and go. Still needs lots of work. I haven't been on the forums here for a couple years since I bought the burro. But I'm back looking for inspiration.

Attached Thumbnails
Huntington_Burro_8_07_133.jpg  
Dave Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:58 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Registry
What a lovely location for your first trip!!
Glad you had fun - lot's of time to fix trailer things - the most important thing is to get out camping in beautiful places and you've clearly got that one down pat.
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:22 PM   #4

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Burro Widebody (bought in Ohio. Drove home Spring 2009!)
beautiful scenery and nice looking little camper - thanks for sharing
reinhold m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:17 PM   #5

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Thanks for sharing the pix of your first outing!! The 7 pin wiring plug probably REALLY does work but the reason why you're not seeing any results is that your on board alternater in your truck just HASN'T got enough UMPH to produce the extra voltage required to charge your trailers battery!! Costly deal to upgrade to a real heavy duty one these days. Do you plan to do a lot of 'dry camping', with no available 110V???
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper