Flying South for the Spring! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-19-2006, 06:52 PM   #1

Trailer: Bonair Oxygen 2002
Registry
Hi all.
We haven't been attending the site for quite awhile. Looks like everyone is still camping without us.
We are taking a trip from home (Quesnel B.C. Canada) to visit our daughter in Clovis New Mexico. We're leaving the first week in April. Will be pulling our Bonair Oxygen (19'6" hitch to tail) with a '99 Exploder. We were hoping that someone could tell us if campsites are generally open on the Washington, Oregon, and California coasts this time of year. We are happy with private or state campgrounds.
Any information will be appreciated.
Thanks and cheers to all!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03257.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	1807
Old 03-23-2006, 10:11 PM   #2

Trailer: Trillium 4500
hey there, I live in Southern California, And I found all my local campgrounds are open. I have some favorites, So feel free to hit me up.
Ryan Kennelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:24 AM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
[quote]Hi all.
We haven't been attending the site for quite awhile. Looks like everyone is still camping without us.
We are taking a trip from home (Quesnel B.C. Canada) to visit our daughter in Clovis New Mexico. We're leaving the first week in April. Will be pulling our Bonair Oxygen (19'6" hitch to tail) with a '99 Exploder. We were hoping that someone could tell us if campsites are generally open on the Washington, Oregon, and California coasts this time of year. We are happy with private or state campgrounds.
Any information will be appreciated.
Thanks and cheers to all!

Attachment 1807

+++++++++++++++++++

Hi Pete:

I travelled the Washington and Oregon Coast late last March, early into April. I had no difficulty finding a state park. You will note the Oregon has a Discovery Season that offers reduced rates until May 1. I am heading down again mid-April and will pick up the Coast at Astoria (booked a reservation at Ft. Stevens, and intend on lolly-gagging as frar south as Cresent Beach, CA, then pick up I 5 at Grant's Pass for part of the way home.

I suggest you find links to the state parks on the web

Perhaps I will see you on the road, as your residence is about 70 miles north of mine!

Rick B
Rick B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:26 PM   #4

Registry
Quote:
hey there, I live in Southern California, And I found all my local campgrounds are open. I have some favorites, So feel free to hit me up.
Thanks for the offer, Ryan.
We will be heading inland north of L.A. to avoid the crush and to take in the Grand Canyon. If a canadian comes back from the southern U.S.A. without seeing the Grand Canyon, they may be barred from crossing the border.
Any favourite campgrounds in the Highway 101 and 40 regions would be great!
Old 03-24-2006, 09:32 PM   #5

Registry
--><div class='quotemain'>
+++++++++++++++++++

Hi Pete:

I travelled the Washington and Oregon Coast late last March, early into April. I had no difficulty finding a state park. You will note the Oregon has a Discovery Season that offers reduced rates until May 1. I am heading down again mid-April and will pick up the Coast at Astoria (booked a reservation at Ft. Stevens, and intend on lolly-gagging as frar south as Cresent Beach, CA, then pick up I 5 at Grant's Pass for part of the way home.

Perhaps I will see you on the road, as your residence is about 70 miles north of mine!

Rick B
[/quote]

Thanks, Rick.
Hey, I think I've talked to you before, a looong time ago. How's things in W.L.?
Your trip in April sounds great. What do you do at Fort Stevens?
Old 03-26-2006, 04:19 PM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rick B @ Mar 24 2006, 07:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotemain'>
+++++++++++++++++++

Hi Pete:

Rick B
Thanks, Rick.
Hey, I think I've talked to you before, a looong time ago. How's things in W.L.?
Your trip in April sounds great. What do you do at Fort Stevens?[/quote]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Pete:

This time we get to talk about more pleasant things. Spring has sprung, snow melted this week, buds are appearing out of the ground ...

I spent 3 days last year at Cape Disappointment, on the Washington side of the Columbia River, and thought this time, would try the Oregon side, lots of history in this area, plus a Costco in Warrenton - no sales tax in Oregon, unlike our 14% here

Rick
Rick B is offline   Reply With Quote