Grand Canyon, AZ - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2009, 11:31 AM   #21
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Here are some pics of my treat on the rim trails.........big horn sheep. I have never seen one in person, let alone 5 of them. They were pretty preoccupied with eating at the time.
That middle pic of the sheep is beautiful! There's no denying where those guys are! Thanks so much for sharing your trip -

Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:48 AM   #22

Trailer: Trillium
Hi there

We also just returned from the Canyon last week. I was needing to reunite with my Trillium after purchase 2 years earlier in San Diego. After pulling from storage, my buddy from Williams pulled it over to his place and we drove from Houston to pick er up! (Also dropping off a little car I am restoring.)

This met all my needs as I was able to show my 86 year old mom the Canyon - one of the reasons I went fiberglass in the first place.

Even though we did not camp there I would like to recommend Williams and it's campgrounds as a good spot if you are crowded out of Paark grounds - or for a rally. You are just under an hour from the Canyon and at the gateway - Grand Canyon train ride available. We fell for Williams (the side of town near train station on route 66). Williams is walkable with great food, some shops, groceries and just enough to not be overdone.

This is not really roughing it in the wild but at some point the Canyon campgrounds will be overpopulated again.

There is a KOA and another in town at Williams, Kaibab National Forest and Cocnino National Forest too.

And a drive down to Oak Creek Canyon to Sedona is a definite must see - another very easy day trip.

My 2 cents.

Will post pics of trailer, etc. soon.

sadie10023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:31 PM   #23

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Nice Pics!
SITES- Forum - Gallery - Blog - Facebook
Aids10 is offline   Reply With Quote