Hanging out in Kennedy Meadows - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2019, 08:24 PM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
Hanging out in Kennedy Meadows

this last weekend, I spent a few nights in Kennedy Meadows in the south Sierra Nevada (not the Kennedy Meadow on Sonora Pass), waiting for my girl to complete the first leg of the PCT (woot, 702 trail miles in 58 days, and that includes 9 'zero' days of rest, so she really walked 702 miles in 49 days).

this was my camp site...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20190511_104136.jpg  
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:55 AM   #2

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
That’s great! Good luck to her.

I’ve thrown around the idea of doing that myself...better sooner than later, I’m not getting younger.

Kennedy meadows looks like a cool area.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:49 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
this last weekend, I spent a few nights in Kennedy Meadows in the south Sierra Nevada (not the Kennedy Meadow on Sonora Pass), waiting for my girl to complete the first leg of the PCT (woot, 702 trail miles in 58 days, and that includes 9 'zero' days of rest, so she really walked 702 miles in 49 days).

this was my camp site...

Jon, when I saw this heading I thought it might be your post. Sounds like a good camping time, and I wasn't surprised that ZackO was the first to reply. But I was a bit surprised that it was the Kennedy Meadows in the S. Sierras, Tulare County, near hwy 395. I'm up in Sonora near the Kennedy Meadows on Hwy 108 and always think of it. Higher elevation, more big trees, and suffering from past fires....but still some wonderful campgrounds. You should come up soon, but the east side of Sonora Pass is very steep and winding, with sign suggesting no trailers. From the Sonora side it is easier, but I bet you knew that ! Zack, farther distance for you, but you'd like it too ! David in Sonora and Fresno
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:55 PM   #4

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
I haven't spent nearly enough time in the Sierras. I drove through in 2014 but it was a fast trip.

Someday!
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote