Harvest Host: Mercier Orchards, Blue Ridge GA - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-03-2017, 02:08 PM   #1

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Harvest Host: Mercier Orchards, Blue Ridge GA

Okay, so it wasn't "backroads" camping...We found Mercier Orchards on the Harvest Host website. Fortunately, we missed the part that said "closed to overnights in October"... This was a very nice place to stay in a self contained rig. The orchards are upik on the weekend, or they-pik 7 days a week, and October is definitely their busy season. But they were all very nice to us. We ate breakfast and dinner at their café(hint- Apple Bread French Toast!) restricted ourselves to Cider Doughnuts at the bakery, enjoyed shopping and sending gift baskets to our friends back home (they have their own UPS room) perused the preserves, pickles, hot sauces, candies, toys and Christmas shops...Ithink they have a space about equivalent to a football field undertheir roof. (Oh, we didn't do the wine and cider bar, but we did do the Tasting Bar to find out what Mutsu apples taste like. The Harvest Host guests are directed to the furthest side of the graveled lot. It's next to a local road that stays busy into the night, but when we ran the generator it sorta blocked the traffic noise.

Will I stay here again, Yup! Gonna come back in the spring, when they are picking peaches!!
Old 10-04-2017, 09:55 AM   #2

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
Thank you, I enjoyed your post. People seem to enjoy the Harvest Hosts.
Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 06:46 PM   #3

Name: Peg
Trailer: 2016 -13' Scamp
Massachusetts
We have stayed at several Harvest Host wineries (and the RV Hall of Fame in Indiana) and really enjoyed the experience. We have always been the only camper on the premises. It's sometimes a little disconcerting if you are tucked away on private property with no other people around. But the hosts are always pleasant and welcoming.
herons is offline   Reply With Quote