I want you all to know.... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2011, 08:33 PM   #1

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I want you all to know....

how very much I enjoy the camping reports. I'm still a work-a-day person, and your reports (WITH PICTURES) let me live vicariously. I'm taken to campsites and places I may never see in my lifetime... but, each and every one is treasured.

THANKS!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:25 AM   #2

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
how very much I enjoy the camping reports. I'm still a work-a-day person, and your reports (WITH PICTURES) let me live vicariously. I'm taken to campsites and places I may never see in my lifetime... but, each and every one is treasured.

THANKS!
Although it seems that we do most of our "Scamping" at ScampCamps and fiberglass rallies around the country,once in a while there is that precious moment of solitude which has a profound impact and forms a permanent memory.
After asking at a fuelstop, we were directed to this wonderful place just north of Sinclair Wyoming along the North Platte river,It is called Dugway recreation site.There are about 40 well kept sites, but we saw no one else while we were there.
This place is only about 7 miles north of the interstate,but it seems a long ways from convention, in both time and distance. The wildlife is almost tame, the landscape is AWESOME, and the experience unforgettable.
Here's a couple of pics....
Attached Thumbnails
Oregon trip 018.jpg   Oregon trip 006.jpg  

Oregon trip 013.jpg   Oregon trip 015.jpg  

floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:20 PM   #3

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Registry
Thanks for the wonderful photos, Floyd.
And thank you for your eloquent paragraph; this part especially hit home:

"...once in a while there is that precious moment of solitude which has a profound impact and forms a permanent memory."

I saw this quote recently that expresses a similar sentiment:

"When you're standing there silently in the presence of the giant sequoias, you can't help but recognize that you're part of something that is way beyond whatever it is that you envisioned this world might be."

-George Hartzog, Jr.
the 7th Director of the National Park Service

Fran
74 compact II

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Although it seems that we do most of our "Scamping" at ScampCamps and fiberglass rallies around the country,once in a while there is that precious moment of solitude which has a profound impact and forms a permanent memory.
After asking at a fuelstop, we were directed to this wonderful place just north of Sinclair Wyoming along the North Platte river,It is called Dugway recreation site.There are about 40 well kept sites, but we saw no one else while we were there.
This place is only about 7 miles north of the interstate,but it seems a long ways from convention, in both time and distance. The wildlife is almost tame, the landscape is AWESOME, and the experience unforgettable.
Here's a couple of pics....
francene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:58 PM   #4

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2019 Toyota Tundra
Iowa
Registry
I am with you Donna as I won't be seeing my camper until I go to North Dakota in September. I should have my husband take it's picture.
Cyndi B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #5

Trailer: Aliner
Donna, I agree with you 100%. I can lose myself in some of the gorgeous photos and trip accounts that people post here.

Things aren't working out for me to get an egg anytime soon. But reading about destinations, adventures on the road, good and bad campgrounds, egg fixes and mods and all the other wonderful things people post here truly enriches my life.
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:31 PM   #6

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Remember in past years how folks would invite friends over, get out the slide projector and screen, and when it got dark they would show their vacation pictures? I think we have a modern and better equivalent. With the web, those who want to view the whole series can do so, and those who don't can "leave", they are not stuck in a darkened room pretending to be enjoying the show. Technology is great!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote