In the Keys - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2007, 09:49 AM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft 1973
Hi guys...just an update from the Road Toad in the Florida Keys. Inge and I are kicking back at Long Key SP...surely the prettiest place in FL! every site is on the beach. Canoed in the bay under sun and blue skies yesterday. Off tho Bhia Honda tomorrow for four days at a site on the channel...sort of like being camped beside an aquarium
Towed through rain, snow and ice to get here but it is worth it. Off to Curry Hammock SP near Marathon for two weeks after that...then three days in the Everglades. TTFN...Alistair
Alistair Camelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:33 PM   #2

Trailer: 17 ft 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Alistair & Inge
We had to leave Long Key for John Pennekamp today, its nice but not ocean front. You will enjoy Bahia Honda, we will there in February. The Everglades are a worth while trip, check out the Royal Palm Nature Center. You could spend all day or 2 hours there.
Looking forward to a visit at the Ole Mill Stream RV Park. I want to discuss solar cells with you. Be careful at Curry Hammock, the green toad may meet a white toad.
Attached Thumbnails
P1010168a.jpg  
Jim Meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:51 PM   #3

Trailer: 2000 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe ('Millenium Eggloo')
And you got out just in time, winter finally arrived in Southern Ontario and the ski resorts managed to call back all the staff that they had to lay off 3 or 4 weeks ago.

I am now fitting up the equal-i-zer and roof box to the new tug, will pull out about Mar 1st or 2nd. See you at Mill Stream, in the meantime I will try and subdue my jealousy!
Charlie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:48 AM   #4

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
looks to me like that toad is getting too many "people" foods!

Are you feeding the wildlife?
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:36 AM   #5

Trailer: 17 ft 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Gina
The little guy was located on the belly band of the casita. He was small and wanted to go camping, no food for the wildlife.
Jim Meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:34 PM   #6

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Quote:
Hi guys...just an update from the Road Toad in the Florida Keys. Inge and I are kicking back at Long Key SP...surely the prettiest place in FL! every site is on the beach. Canoed in the bay under sun and blue skies yesterday. Off tho Bhia Honda tomorrow for four days at a site on the channel...sort of like being camped beside an aquarium
Towed through rain, snow and ice to get here but it is worth it. Off to Curry Hammock SP near Marathon for two weeks after that...then three days in the Everglades. TTFN...Alistair
Let me know how you like Bahia Honda. We've got a site reserved there for a solid week in April. Have a great time!
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:51 AM   #7

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft 1973
B Honda was great...we were on the channel so road noise from US 1 was present...use earplugs! Afront came in on our 4 days and things were cool but pleasant. Great beaches...nice sunsets! and our obligatory annual trip to Key West was a blat. At Curry Hammock now and it is a really nice new park...only 28 sites...canoeing & bike paths. I'm angling for a few more weeks in the Keys if I can negotiate a transfer from some friends. Good to hear from you Charlie...See you again at the rally, Jim.
My library time is up TTFN Alistair
Alistair Camelford is offline   Reply With Quote