Lakeshore, CA Huntington Lake -Fresno - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #1

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1979
Lakeshore, CA Huntington Lake -Fresno

Just got back from camping at Huntington Lake in Lakeshore, Ca near Fresno. This area is GREAT. We have been camping here since the early 1980s. Deer Creek campground on the lake is one of California's top 100 campgrounds. And a very relaxing place. Just around the corner on the lake is Rancheria campground. This campground has been totally rebuilt. New paved roads, new bathrooms and all sites totally cleaned up. Another great spot. I don't know of any hook-up sites in the area but I could be wrong. Be sure to hike to Rancheria falls when your there.
Attached Thumbnails
Deer Creek.jpg  
Dave Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #2

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Lovely spot- I guess you got out before the fires? So far they report the campgrounds are still open, though.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #3

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie Mayer View Post
Lovely spot- I guess you got out before the fires? So far they report the campgrounds are still open, though.
I was there Sunday through Wednesday. I think it was Tuesday that a helicopter came in and dropped on a fire that was on the other side of the lake from us. Then Wednesday when I went to take Buster for a walk early I got in site of the lake and noticed all the smoke. Could only see half way across the lake that morning. And the air quality from the smoke kept getting worse. But check out for us was 12:00 so we were on our way anyway. It was a rainy day Monday and Monday night. A lot of thunder close by. Was actually kind of fun camping then. Tuesday was totally nice out and made the hike that day. Sure is nice to have the little Burro when the rain came in.

This is really a nice area to camp. And high up enough to get out of the 100+ degree weather in Fresno those days.
Attached Thumbnails
Buster Falls.jpg  
Dave Mac is offline   Reply With Quote