Las Vegas NV to Houston - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2017, 10:16 AM   #1

Name: Jim
Trailer: Escape 17B
Nevada
Las Vegas NV to Houston

Does anyone have recommendations for interesting spots between Las Vegas and Houston? To see or camp?

Will be traveling to the Medical Center, will be there for about a week.

I've always wanted to stop by Big Bend NP, but don't think I'll have enough time as I only have 4 travel days to get to Houston.

Also if anyone has recommendations for RV spots in Houston, I'm all ears!

Thanks!

Jim
Jim99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 11:24 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Jim, have you checked with the Houston Medical Center to see if they can accommodate your RV? We stayed in a parking lot that had electric and water at the Cleveland Clinic.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 01:56 PM   #3

Name: Jim
Trailer: Escape 17B
Nevada
I checked with them, they don't have anything on-site, but referred me to the usual suspects I already saw on google maps.
Jim99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 05:55 PM   #4

Name: Lisa
Trailer: Boler 1700
Michigan
We just stayed for 3 nights at Brazos Bend State Park in Needville Tx outside of Houston at the begining of February. It's probably an hour to downtown, might work depending on where in Houston you are going. It took us a half hour to get to Sugarland in rush hour.

The campground has nice bathrooms, laundry, really big campsites. We stayed in the 200 loop under a HUGE live Oak. $20 a night with electric and water but you also have to pay the $7 per day entrance fee. Overflow lot was pretty nice and was $12 per night. The annual pass for texas state parks was expensive at $70.We saw a lot of birds and 21 alligators when we walked around Elm lake. You definately need a reservation for the weekend, we didn't need a reservation for the weeknights. When you reserve, you dont get to pick a spot until you get to the campground.
Lisa in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote