Looking for others in North Florida to go camping with - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #1

Name: Shawn
Trailer: Boler
Florida
Looking for others in North Florida to go camping with

Anyone know of any camping clubs in the NE Florida for weekend camping trips. In NE Florida, camping can cost a arm and a legs so where using State Parks for now until we find some nice boon docking places. We just bought a new Yamaha Gen and looking forward in using it.
We live right below Jacksonville in St Augustine so if you near by and looking for others let us know.
ShawnKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #2

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnKK View Post
Anyone know of any camping clubs in the NE Florida for weekend camping trips. In NE Florida, camping can cost a arm and a legs so where using State Parks for now until we find some nice boon docking places. We just bought a new Yamaha Gen and looking forward in using it.
We live right below Jacksonville in St Augustine so if you near by and looking for others let us know.
we do have a group of folks that try to get together once a month in the winter mainly state parks and most of us are retired. That presents a problem for the egg owners who are still working because we generally will camp during the week which gives us a better shot at the more popular state parks. We use the state parks because being Florida residents over 65 we pay 1/2 price. PM me if you would like more info
Old 08-09-2013, 03:48 AM   #3

Name: Shawn
Trailer: Boler
Florida
I am retired but the wife isn't, lol. Were heading to Tomoka State Park today for the weekend. Getting the 50% off for being 65 and or 100% disabled is a great deal in Florida. The private parks in the North East area are crazy over priced. Some go for over 100 a day. North Beach is a very nice place but at 55 a night is too much if you ask me. That is why I am searching for places to boon dock. The new Yamaha gen will pay for itself in no time.
Not sure where in FL your at but do you know of any places to boon dock or maybe a web site to get me started? And I am not talking about Wal Mart or the Flying J, lol.
ShawnKK is offline   Reply With Quote