Michigan UP/Northern Wisconsin recommendations? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-10-2006, 05:11 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 16 ft ('Lillypod')
Hope to hit the northern Lake Michigan/Lake Superior area this summer. Any recs for a quiet. scenic, buccolic, restful, spacious CG with electric (and maybe even water--the kind you plug into your city water hookup, not the kind that falls from the sky (:

Any experience you care to share is much appreciated.

Best to all, Aaron
Aaron Cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 02:52 AM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
I haven't been up that way in several years, but the popular places really fill up fast in summer, so if you want to be assured of hookups, it would make a lot of sense to make reservations for the weekends and just be flexible during the week.

Personally, I really enjoyed Da Yooper and the bush sites --- The lumber companies and the various gummints put together a CG listing that I found a copy of in the NFS/NPS offices for Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:49 AM   #3

Trailer: 2001 Scamp Deluxe 16 ft
You are asking for info on a large area. I usually go up to the Bayfield, WI / Apostle Islands area a few times every summer. There's some very nice kayaking, swimming/beaches, hiking & biking opportunities around the area. It's a very fun area with lots to do.

There are some really nice state & local CG's, but without the hook ups. If you need
the full hookups (elct, wtr, swr, cbl TV), the following link to Apostle Islands Campground may be for you. Nice place, not too expensive. And a great summer area!

http://www.travelwisconsin.com/d2k/servlet...D=16153&RANGE=0

Happy camping!
Ken
Ken Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 09:47 PM   #4

Thanks much!!!
Old 01-31-2006, 08:09 PM   #5

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 13 ft and 2003 Bigfoot 17 ft (15B17CB)
Aaron,
In Wis we like Pattison State Park-large sites,electric.Forth highest waterfall East of the Mississippi and don't miss Amnicon Falls S.P.nearby(no electric there).Northern Highlands/American Legion State Forest is great,no electric but paved bike path(~13 miles)from Firefly Campground to Boulder Junction.Also can't fail to recommend Copper Falls S.P.(like being out West)and Big Bay S.P.(ferry ride from Bayfield) on the Apostle Islands (in the "1000 Places You should See Before You Die" book). Electric at the former,none at the latter.
We agree with Pete on Pictured Rocks and in Minn. the North shore S.P. chain are wonderful (we've been at Gooseberry Falls,Tettegouche,and Split Rock Lighthouse) but I don't think any of them have electric. Best to check on your own,my memory is not so good!
Tony and Darlene (mt_horebites)
Tony Nowak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 05:59 PM   #6

Fabulous suggestions! I appreciate the advice!

We camped last summer at Point Beach (lovely), Lake Arbutus (great county campground), Black River Falls (nice but too close to the expressway--we could hear it ): and Wyalusing, which is fantastic, especially if you get a spot right on the bluff (which we have already reserved for late July!)

Have a nice winter... and a short one.

Aaron