Missouri Camping April? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2014, 10:24 AM   #1

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13 Front Washroom, Van Camper
New Brunswick
Missouri Camping April?

Thinking of a quick trip mid April.. Any suggestions either Pomme de Terre Lake or Harry S. Truman Corps of Engineers parks.
It would be over Easter Weekend so if the weather is bad I'm sure some retail therapy at Osage Beach would help
Briantb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:07 AM   #2

Name: Tim
Trailer: In the ma
Texas
I lived on lake pomme de terre for 6 years. Beautiful lake. Float the river below the dam. 4-6 hour float that ends up at little park near downtown. By car from bottom of dam to downtown only a 10 minute drive. Easy but nice float. Bald eagle nest on the river route. Floated river many times. Nice camp ground @ state park hermitage area.
Packdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:09 PM   #3

Name: Imogene
Trailer: 2013 Casita
Missouri
You may want to make reservations ....our winter was rough, tho not as bad as those way north. People in this area are itching to get out, start gardens, go boating and camping. Although this is the bible belt, not every one will go to easter services, especially if the weather is nice. We have great st. parks throughout the state so enjoy your stay in missouri.
Imo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:20 PM   #4

Name: David & Sandy
Trailer: 2012 Escape 5.0
Texas
Missouri has great places to camp and visit. Just keep alert for severe Missouri weather in April. Tornado season has already started there.

"I haven't traveled everywhere...but it's surely on my bucket list."
David Clinkenbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:51 PM   #5

Name: Donna
Trailer: Scamp
Missouri
spring camping in MIssouri

I hear some of the Corps of Engineers facilities are great in Missouri. Just peaked at Bucksaw at Truman Lake however, and it appears full already.

It should be pretty green by Easter I hope-- wild plum, redbud and maybe dogwood. We are getting a really slow start to green-up in the KC area after a tough winter.
Steve n Donna M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:23 PM   #6

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13 Front Washroom, Van Camper
New Brunswick
Thanks for the replies.. Might try Wheatland Park over Easter and then Blue Springs Lake after

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Briantb is offline   Reply With Quote