We stayed August 29 through September 3 2021.
*** CLOSED September 7-21 for maintenance/rebuilding) ***
We had a completely wonderful camping experience here.
The camp host Plyler was all full of great information about the site, bears, camping, hiking and seeing the sites. He did a wonderful job keeping everything filled and clean.
It was probably 30% full on Sunday growing to about 70% full on Thursday and we checked-out (2:00 checkout time!!!) on Friday morning before the Labor day crush.
Completely silent in the evenings and at night. Oh my gosh the STARS!!! There's a bicycle pump track in the middle of the campground which means steep grassy hills where you can toss a blanket and watch satellites, meteors and the milky way.
There are tons of things to do in this part of the Green Mountains:
- Branbury state park on Lake Dunmore. Huge beach and grassy play area with bathrooms and changing stations. US$4 per person to visit.
- USFS Silver Lake Campground. Park and walk down to the lakeside campsites.
- Robert Frost Interpretive Trail. Hiking and see Robert Frosts' summer house and cottage.
- Texas Falls. SPECTACULAR falls. Park just over the bridge above the falls and there are two picnic tables and you can walk down to the river and eat lunch on a rock with your toes in the freezing cold water.
- Goshen Blueberry Management Area. Again, hiking and in the summer acres of blueberry picking.
Campsite website is at: https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/gmfl...64907&actid=29
US$15 per night.
Reservation site is at: https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/256347
Water is supplied by a hand-pump well, so we used a 17 liter plastic jug to refill our fresh water tank.
No running water or hot water is available. Wash your dishes at your site and dump the water nearby.
All sites are shady and well separated from other sites.
Vault (pit) toilets. If you don't know what these are, count yourself lucky. You need to be prepared for terrible fumes if the campsite is full and active. If you've got a fear of flies you'll be going 10 miles into town to do your business.
We will certainly be back here again and again.