N. Florida Boondock Camp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 2001
N. Florida Boondock Camp

We were able to get away in the Scamp for a 4 day camping weekend in N. Florida. Weather was HOT, sunny and dry; the forecasted (60% chance) weekend thunderstorms passed around us. Night skies were clear for optimal viewing of Perseid meteor showers on Friday and Saturday nights.
We were boondocking. The Honda EU2000 gennie powered the portable A/C throughout the night. Reflectix panels in the windows and a rear canopy helped tame the sun's direct rays. A good time was had by all!

Deb
Attached Thumbnails
Ranch camp 1.jpg   Ranch camp 2.jpg  

Deb&Sam D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #2

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Your Honda ran all night? Good to know because we have one and didn't expect it would run so long. Hard to believe I've had the Honda for a year, carried it, and have never even started it. Probably a good idea to do that before we need it.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #3

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 2001
a/c run time

rgrugg,
We were also surprised by length of run time on the generator. Over three nights, we averaged 7.5 hours run time per night on one fill-up of gas per night. We were expecting a shorter time duration, so were quite pleased with the results. The only item that was drawing power was the 5000 btu GE portable air conditioner, set on cool @ 75 degrees F.
Generator is 7 years old. We perform regular PM. Have to keep it ready for use during Hurricane season here in Florida.
Deb&Sam D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #4

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
I assume (dangerous to do that) that there would be a longer run time if powering a furnace instead of a generator. Don't know why I care about that because our Egg Camper is all electric. Maybe a furnace someday for boondocking. Can't imagine a 2000 generator would do too well with an electric heater. Maybe. The Egg C. has a built-in 1000 watt heater. Guess I could find out if I got over the lazies.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote