Napa Valley- Skyline Wilderness Park Review - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-27-2012, 12:00 AM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
Napa Valley- Skyline Wilderness Park Review

We just got back from a trip BC to San Diego and back over 7 weeks
and thought I'd give a great heads up review of a site we stumbled upon.
If your thinking of a trip to or through Napa and wondering where to stay,,,, we happened upon a great place.
Skyline Wilderness Park
2201 Imola Ave
Napa, Ca. 94559
707 252 0481
can be found on the internet.
Located in the south east corner of Napa it's hard to believe it's almost in
town. I think it has the best of both worlds, on the verge of rustic camping, yet there is electric available for people like me. The park is right next to about 20 miles of hiking, cycling, horseback trails. The down side is no dogs are allowed on the trails because of the horses. Across the road the vinyards start with miles of windy roads and incredible properties.
A few minutes from the famous Silverado road and all the wineries, each with it's own reason to stop in for a tasting. The road runs up to the beautiful town of Calistoga,mainstreet was lined with blosumming trees
when we were there. we only spent 2 nites there but enjoyed and will
plan to be there longer next time. Cost 32$ a nite I think but was a good price for us. There were empty spaces both nites we were there but upon inquiry was told to book ahead as it is a small park and groups will book it out sometimes.
on a small side note we stopped at the Rv plave right in town and they wouldn't rent to us because we didn't have a 3 inch sewer connection!!! I told him we had no sewer, he said doesn't matter??
Fred
FRED SMAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #2

Trailer: Cardinal (Restoring)
Thanks Fred for the info. Always good to hear of new places. Sorry the other place was so unaccomodating. Sounds pretty stupid to me, they must be independantly wealthy that they turn away a camper. Wont be staying there, even if I had a 3 in connection. At $32.oo a nite with electric sounds good to me. Glad to hear you made it home ok.
Come see us again sometime in Calif. your always welcome.
RRIZZO is offline   Reply With Quote