Near Fredericton, New Brunswick - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2011, 03:49 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Trillium
Near Fredericton, New Brunswick

I camped at Mactaquac Provincial Park near Fredericton last weekend. Although I've lived in New Brunswick for 25 years, about 50 miles away from the park, this was my first stay there. What a treat. It's 1,300 acres, divided between wooded, unserviced tent sites (where I camped), serviced sites, lots of open grassy fields, an 18 hole golf course, hiking trails through the woods with beaver ponds... I saw 3 deer during my hikes. It is situated on the shores of the Mactaquac Dam head pond (60 miles long) with a sandy beach,marina and very prolific small moth bass fishing...There were a lot of families there, noise was minimal and the children (not mine) settled down at dark. There is a store on site, with washers and dryers, propane refill station as well as tank exchange. There are numerous washer room/shower facilities scattered throughout the park. The fee for the unserviced site was $22. per night. I can't believe I haven't camped here before. With the price of gas this campground has everything I want and will certainly be on my short list when I want to get away on short notice. I didn't take any pictures but if anyone is interested I'll take a few the next time I'm in the area and post them.
Enjoy!
Barrie
HikeSticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:01 PM   #2

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
hi barrie! how did the new fridge work for you?

and although we haven't camped at mactaquac, we've "toured" it to check it out....and were quite impressed. the sites that border the water, allowing canoe or boat access right from the site, were our favourites.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:14 PM   #3

Hi Theresa!
Yes, the 'new' fridge worked great. What a treat to have a working fridge.
Barrie
Old 06-13-2011, 03:39 PM   #4

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
Registry
If you like Mactquac, Woolastock can be just as nice (the last time I stayed there).
Mike and Sarah K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Sarah K View Post
If you like Mactquac, Woolastock can be just as nice (the last time I stayed there).
I have driven past Woolastock many timers but it seems very open and crowded. Are there wooded sites there?
Barrie
Old 06-13-2011, 04:20 PM   #6

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
Registry
definately the wooded area is on the right side if you are going to fredericton and goes way back on the finger of the river. If Mactaquac is busy then always try there.
Mike and Sarah K is offline   Reply With Quote