Need recommendations in the Maritimes - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2015, 04:07 PM   #1

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Need recommendations in the Maritimes

I'm registered for the July rally at Parlee Beach Provincial Park and plan to spend at least two weeks in the Maritimes.
I'd appreciate recommendations for things to see and nice campgrounds.
I did the Cabot Trail years ago on a trip to Newfoundland and loved it all.

Thanks for any information/ideas.

Walt
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:08 AM   #2

Name: Gilles
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21RB, 2004
Quebec
Registry
We make left the "CAA" and we are done "TripTik" in consideration with our tastes and we are always satisfied.
All is nice in the north maritimes, along the ocean.
Bon voyage, in the east.
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:30 PM   #3

Name: Danny
Trailer: Boler
New Brunswick
Hi Walt,
I can't help you on the camping question, but I have heard that Kouchibouquac Nat'l Park is very nice, beautiful beaches, etc. It's on the East coast of NB, north of Shediac. Also, there is camping, hiking, scenery at Fundy National Park, it is at the South of NB, on the Bay of Fundy.

As for things to see, the coast of Maine is beautiful, we've toured twice in our convertible. Stunning scenery and many great places to have seafood, especially lobster rolls. Bar Harbor and many other great spots.
We're in Fredericton, NB, the St. John river passes through the middle of the city, has a nice downtown, several camping areas nearby, i.e. Mactaquac Prov. Park, Hartt Island Campground.
The "south shore" of Nova Scotia is beautiful, we started in Halifax (lots of great pubs, seafood), then toured Peggy's Cove, and went as far as Lunenburg, then North to the vineyard area near Wolfeville, did a bit of wine tasting (I think there are 5 vineyards there that have tastings). All beautiful scenery!
You probably should take the bridge to PEI, there are great beaches on the north shore of the island, take in one of the "lobster suppers", etc…
That's all I can think of right now, we'll see you in Shediac!!
Danny
Danny and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:03 PM   #4

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Thanks Danny
I did the bridge in '98, but didn't see much of PEI. May correct that this time. So much to see.
Thanks for all the ideas.

Walt
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 08:29 PM   #5

Name: Anne
Trailer: 2014 Parkliner 2016 Honda Pilot
North Carolina
We spent a month in PEI and NS in 2013 and again in 2014. Both were outstanding trips. If you're in PEI in July, you may find the Cavendish area a little crowded, but if you're there the Cavendish Post Office has a small, but very interesting mail delivery exhibit. Visitors centers on PEI offer wifi and a wealth of info. Always a good stop.

We loved the north cape lighthouse, museum, and restaurant (good food, great view) which is adjacent to an experimental wind farm. Fascinating! The potato museum sounded a bit hokey, but isn't at all -- after planning a quick visit, we spent several hours there.

What I've noted is just the tip of the iceberg. There is so much more! I'm not home at the moment and don't have access to my trip logs, so I'll continue this post over the weekend.

I believe all of the provincial parks have water/electric sites. That's where we stayed and were pleased with all.

-- Anne
neparker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eco