New England Camping in April? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2014, 06:48 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Have had more than one friend have their dogs food taken and dumped because they either had an open bag or had it in a plastic storage container.
Any idea which side of the border they dumped it on?

Old 03-14-2014, 07:03 PM   #22

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Any idea which side of the border they dumped it on?

maybe they just feed it to their dogs!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:48 PM   #23

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Thanks Carol, good website to keep for sure.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:40 PM   #24

Name: David
Trailer: Between campers
South Carolina
Thanks to all for all the great info.

We have our pups Rabies Vaccination Certificate and our records of other vaccinations (both were in for their yearlies in February) all ready in their folder. I hadn't thought about getting the small bags of dog food, so that will be done also.
We are paring down our itinerary as time gets closer, the big question now is what we will find to be our comfort level when it comes to daily driving mileage. I am having to figure on several different routes based on best guesses; we will find that out when were are on the road.
Thanks again, Dave
Camper Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:47 PM   #25

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Daily driving mileage is always variable with us. Depends on where we are going and what we want to see. Some days we did 8 to 10 hours of driving time. Other days it was just a couple hours as we moved along from one campground to another that we wanted to check out. Only a couple days we didn't have reservations, and called ahead to be sure of a site and office hours. Usually we will plan and make reservations months ahead. Our winter site is reserved for the next 3 years.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:25 PM   #26

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper Dave View Post
Thanks to all for all the great info.

We have our pups Rabies Vaccination Certificate and our records of other vaccinations (both were in for their yearlies in February) all ready in their folder. I hadn't thought about getting the small bags of dog food, so that will be done also.
Dave the only certificate either border patrol will be interested in is the Rabies Vaccination certificate. You can save yourself some space and leave the rest at home unless you find them useful to have with you in the event you need to take the dog to the vet while traveling. I kept a little note on my Phone of the details re vaccinations & meds & any major health issues, vet phone numbers, blood type if known etc of the dogs that have traveled with me as well as all my neighbours dogs who I take out hiking with me when at home & owners are at work. I also carry a recent photo of each dog on the phone which I can easily have printed off if god forbid one of them goes missing.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:35 PM   #27

Name: David
Trailer: Between campers
South Carolina
Good idea about the photos, Carol. Hopefully they will not be needed except to show off our pups (if they are not by our sides). I figure the vet records will be handy if for some reason we need to do emergency boarding or trip to the vet. Peace of mind...
Camper Dave is offline   Reply With Quote