New to me web site for planning with dogs - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-10-2017, 04:49 PM   #1

Name: Bat Dude
Trailer: Escape
Michigan
New to me web site for planning with dogs

My wife sent me this link earlier today to check out options for Yellowstone N.P for Scamping.

It was featured in Bark Magazine for finding dog-friendly camp sites, many places apparently are not commercial locations.

Those of you seriously into dogs likely already know the magazine as well as Whole Dog Journal

https://www.hipcamp.com/discover/wyoming/yellowstone

Turns out I was already aiming us to one of the key locations there in any case.

So if you do not yet know about this one might be worth checking out.

There has been a lot of back and forth discussions on the Take Your Dog Along site (run by an Escapees member) about dogs in N.P.s. Loads of restrictions in N.P. , usually due to a long history of irresponsible owners who do not clean up or control their dogs.

Apparently using a pet stroller allows them to be "Taken along" and they do not need to stay in a potentially hot/cold trailer AKA boon docking parked and can go along where otherwise restricted access is in place. Many on the TYDA site commented they just leave Fluffy and Fido in their behemoth MotorHome... clearly not the style of the FB crowd. So a new pet stroller in on the way from Amazon.

We almost wimped out completely on doing this trip, thinking it might be too cold*. All the wonderful suggestions from other members here and talking to neighbors who live part of the year in Wy. we decided to still go for it in early September.

*OK we lived in Central America for 25+ years and are NOT cold hardy souls

Cheers,

BatDude
Old 08-10-2017, 05:01 PM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
As a dog accessory (AKA Butler) Thank You for posting this information we like to take our child where we camp and don't like leaving her behind.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 01:46 PM   #3

Name: Tom
Trailer: Outfitter truck campper
Colorado
My attitude has always been...if I can't drive there with my dogs, I don't need to go. Sadly will never get to more National Parks or other places who are not accommodating to dogs. I can live with it, there are so many other awesome places to see and I don't expect every place to welcome us. We'll just take what comes and go with the flow...but only with the dogs.
TomandCallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 04:25 PM   #4

Name: Cheryl
Trailer: Casita
Florida
Our 2 dogs are 45 lbs. so I don't think we will be able to push our dogs around in a stroller even if they would get in one. LOL. Great info. Thanks.
cherylbredin is offline   Reply With Quote