Off to Killens Pond over Easter - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #1

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Thumbs up Off to Killens Pond over Easter

First time out this yr. to Killens Pond (DE) with the Burro and our new dorm fridge and I think maybe first time with a spare cover with the donkey's name on it. We have owned this trailer for just over a yr. and it's getting harder to remember the grunge pit we towed home February 2011. I really appreciate all the help and advice I received from the FGRV community on systems troubleshooting, cosmetic restoration, and of course the little tips that don't always fit in any category.

Did my checkout tonite: furnace, water heater, and range burners all good. Packet of Thetford "smellgood" and couple gallons of water in the black tank (hope it does what it says and lubes the black water check valve as it's pretty tight). Have to air the tires in the morning, do our preflight and get outa Dodge. Won't carry a cooler as on the grid. That dorm fridge really makes ice like a champ and holds full size cube trays. This will be a test of how well and for how long the fridge "keeps its cool" while on the move and unpowered. I'm so excited I just can't hide it.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #2

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
On Killens Pond

Pleasant, unseasonably seasonable weather punctuated by a brief resort to the furnace Sat. morning. Lots of kayaks on the pond; lots of family gatherings with the tots for Easter egg hunts . It is so odd on Easter to have a gentleman approach and say: "I see you have an egg and a greyhound. So do I." I had to think twice about that one. He was from Lancaster PA and had a front bath Casita from 2003 and a dog named Sioux. Also met a curious couple from Kingman NJ who had the sweetest old (winged) Shasta circa 1962. It is entirely possible that there's a bit of reverse snobbery vis-a-vis small glass trailers and ancient sticky classics. I'll bet the folks in the bulgemobiles are wonderful people but their modus camperandi can be intimidating. To paraphrase that old movie cliche, it seems like their life is bigger than them.

Please excuse pic of food prep which is out of focus due to some dufus turning off the autofocus. Dorm fridge performance all I expected.

jack
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_5574.jpg   DSC_5553.jpg  

DSC_5558.jpg   DSC_5555.jpg  

DSC_5535.jpg   DSC_5539.jpg  

DSC_5570.jpg   DSC_5542.jpg  

DSC_5579.jpg   DSC_5531.jpg  

rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote