Oscar Scherer SP, Venice, FL - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #1

Name: Denny
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Michigan
Oscar Scherer SP, Venice, FL

We just pulled in and took a walk around and found five FGRVs -our Snoozy, two Casitas, a Scamp and an Egg Camper. What are the odds?

BTW, this is a beautiful place with very private wooded campsites. About a third of them are on the bank of a large stream.

Plus, all the treats of Florida excess are just a few miles away as the park is right off US41 six miles N of Venice. Great beaches too and summer in January!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1193575856.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	326.9 KB
ID:	54071
MCDenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:04 PM   #2

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Not to burst your bubble but the odds might be pretty good as the Florida Gathering at Sebring is only about 4 weeks away. It's a pretty big gathering and there might be quite a few who go early to investigate Florida. I would if I can ever make that long trip to Florida.

My plotted trip would have me there for at least 2 months as it would most likely be my only trip to Florida.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:12 AM   #3

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
Shhh! We're trying to keep Oscar a secret. Great park! We'll be there in a couple of weeks. We're currently at Collier-Seminole, doing our 2-weekers throughout (no snow) Florida.
Ron F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #4

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy A View Post
Not to burst your bubble but the odds might be pretty good
LOL you have that right. I have found that there is a far greater chance of bumping into other small fiberglass trailer owners in southern states in the winter than anywhere else in the summer months. Like birds they tend to migrate south
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #5

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron F View Post
Shhh! We're trying to keep Oscar a secret. Great park! We'll be there in a couple of weeks. We're currently at Collier-Seminole, doing our 2-weekers throughout (no snow) Florida.

we kind of like to keep it hushed as well so we can have sites for close friends from such places as New Hampshire
Old 01-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #6

Name: Scott
Trailer: Casita
Massachusetts
I was at OSSP Wednesday through Saturday on the maiden voyage in my Casita. Missed you by a few hours. There was a very nice UHaul there on Wednesday. In at Collier Seminole with Ron, who I just met this evening. OSSP is nicer than here. The sites are larger and more private plus the bathrooms are cleaner. OSSP has nice walking trails and a bike path. CS has a nice nature walk and is a bit warmer.

I'd recommend sites 1-14 at CS they seem to be a bit larger and private
Attached Thumbnails
image-1324580284.jpg  
Big O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #7

Name: Denny
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Michigan
Went to the beach today - Nokomis beach is 15 min drive, free parking and gotta be a couple miles of wide sand and crushed shell beach. And a Publix supermarket right on the way for groceries. Sweet.
MCDenny is offline   Reply With Quote